Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Xbox 360 Backwards Compatibility Region Issue

JuggertrainUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

So I recently purchased a whole bunch of Original Xbox games after looking through a list of the games that are compatible with the 360.

I stupidly did not check if all the games I purchased are backwards compatible in my region (UK)

So even though I have an EU copy of a game and an EU 360, if I put the disc in it just brings up some message about not being available in my region.

Does anyone know if there is a way around this? Do I have any options here because I'd really like to play some of these games again... especially Freedom Fighters.

jackgordon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I know that some people have modded game code to work around the issue, Dino Crisis 3 was one of them - but I don't know of any others. You're better off just buying an original Xbox console, you can easily get one these days for under £20 if you snap one on an eBay auction.

Vod_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

Yeah it's not ideal but just get an original Xbox. Even when a game does run properly via Xbox 360 emulation, usually you'll run into ugly performance issues and whatnot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.