Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

XBOX 360 First Impressions

DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By DrPepper1990

Hello everyone, I just bought an XBOX 360 from my local Fred Meyer for only $259.99. I got the 20gb pro model because of the discounted price and I didnt want to wait for the newer models to come out. With the BOX I bought Halo 3 the Limited Edition (Yes both discs are scratched but still play) for only $39.99, and for the heck of it I picked up the Limited edition of Perfect Dark Zero for only $14.99 at a locally owned game store. I'mm waiting until tomorrow to get Gears of war becasue that's when I get paid. I also plan on getting a few other games as well as some older xbox 1 games like Halo 1 and 2. I never beat Halo 1, I beat Halo 2, and have yet to play Halo 3 I'm just going to get the first two so I can play the trilogy in order.

My first impressions of the Xbox 360 are somwwhat mixed.
    Pros: I found the dashboard to be a very easy and cool way to navigate through the differnet channels the box has. The game library is definately a plus too. It's pretty cool that you can play music while your in a game, the PS3 has released this feature but theres like no games that support it which makes no sense. I would list more but havent had too much time with it yet.

Cons: I'll start with... It's a shack...It's a mansion...It's an XBOX 360 power brick!!! This thing is huge!, it's not too big of a deal but I own a ps3 which doesnt have one of these so I was shocked when I layed my eyes upon it. The next big con was the noise the box made. When I put in a game the fan booted on and was pretty loud compared to the ps3 but when I'm in a game I probably wont hear it too much.

Well, with the games coming out and the awesome library that already exists, I think I made a great decision. When I get live I'll get some of your Live id's but for now I'll just do some offline gaming. Anyway, I'm going to go play now, I'll see you all online in like a week or two.

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Vaxadrin

Keep us posted!

Ma7moud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Ma7moud

So you finally bought a 360. Congrats

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By keyhunter

But you'll never catch up to everyone else's gamerscore! If only Giantbomb.com would do another points related feature. I mean. A points feature. Their first one.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Player1

I bet gears of war will be your favorite game. Youll love halo too, would defiantly recommend find a friend and playing those games co-op. A lot more fun. 

Avatar image for galvanizednails
    GalvanizedNails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By GalvanizedNails

wow, sounds like your town sells gaming stuff for cheap! congrats on the purchase btw. I recomend Viva Pinata, the first or the sequal, dont pass it off as a little kids game or you will be punished! >:O

DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DrPepper1990

Lol, I dont know if I will get Viva Piniata, what is the game about? Is it like mario party? I just played the first mission in PDZ and i realize the game is old so im not going to rant. You cant beat the price too.

Avatar image for galvanizednails
    GalvanizedNails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GalvanizedNails

Viva Pinata is kinda a God game. You run a garden with tons of different animals and stuff to manage. I think there might be a demo for the original on XBL, you should try it.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

If you're into major time-killers, I would recommend Oblivion (much to the ire of many Giant Bomb users, it would seem).

Gears of War is great.  The Project Gotham series offers good racing action without delving too obsessively in simulation (a la Forza/Gran Turismo, whose realism is a deterrent for me).  Dead Rising and Grand Theft Auto IV are both exceptional sandbox games. 

There's a lot of variety on the 360.  I think you'll be satisfied.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By pause422
    DrPepper1990 said:
    "

Hello everyone, I just bought an XBOX 360 from my local Fred Meyer for only $259.99. I got the 20gb pro model because of the discounted price and I didnt want to wait for the newer models to come out. With the BOX I bought Halo 3 the Limited Edition (Yes both discs are scratched but still play) for only $39.99, and for the heck of it I picked up the Limited edition of Perfect Dark Zero for only $14.99 at a locally owned game store. I'mm waiting until tomorrow to get Gears of war becasue that's when I get paid. I also plan on getting a few other games as well as some older xbox 1 games like Halo 1 and 2. I never beat Halo 1, I beat Halo 2, and have yet to play Halo 3 I'm just going to get the first two so I can play the trilogy in order.

My first impressions of the Xbox 360 are somwwhat mixed.
    Pros: I found the dashboard to be a very easy and cool way to navigate through the differnet channels the box has. The game library is definately a plus too. It's pretty cool that you can play music while your in a game, the PS3 has released this feature but theres like no games that support it which makes no sense. I would list more but havent had too much time with it yet.

Cons: I'll start with... It's a shack...It's a mansion...It's an XBOX 360 power brick!!! This thing is huge!, it's not too big of a deal but I own a ps3 which doesnt have one of these so I was shocked when I layed my eyes upon it. The next big con was the noise the box made. When I put in a game the fan booted on and was pretty loud compared to the ps3 but when I'm in a game I probably wont hear it too much.

Well, with the games coming out and the awesome library that already exists, I think I made a great decision. When I get live I'll get some of your Live id's but for now I'll just do some offline gaming. Anyway, I'm going to go play now, I'll see you all online in like a week or two.

"
    Glad you are satisfied(mostly lol) with your purchase,  totally agree with Ragnarok about Oblivion, I at least thought it was really good and is a great time sink for offline gaming. Now you'll have the best of everything...and I'm just glad honestly it was a true post from someone, I'm so used to a tone of "just bought a 360/PS3 and I think this about it(insert how its complete shit and start flaming how inot better than your first console of choice) this was a breath of fresh air :) I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun with it, so many good games coming out this last part of the year for both 360 and PS3, you'll have the best of both worlds, enjoy!
    Evilross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Evilross

If your into RPG's I highly recommend Lost Oddessy. Its a fantasic, well told, well acted, fun, old school style JRPG.

I enjoyed my 360 for the time I owned one, and played it as much as my busy schedule allowed.  Alas, the 360 gremlins hated me, and although I took very good care of my hardware, I got the RROD after about 13 months. I was not shocked, but a little surprised none the less. I sent it back, and it was replaced for free, and here is were the real trouble started. I got back a refurbished unit, and it lasted about a month and a half, and it RROD'd. I sent it back, and I got yet another unit, and it lasted all of two weeks. After getting yet a different unit, it works for about 2 months then the disk drive fails, destroys disc four of Lost Oddessy, and Microsoft wants 100 bucks to fix it, and won't replace my game disc.

I bought a PS3 after that, and although I have nothing bad to say about the 360 itself, and had alot of fun with the game library and Live Arcade, I have no intention of purchasing a 360 again. To me there is not much point in owning both a PS3 and a 360, being the game library for the two is about 90% the same, and the few exclusives here and there don't really warrent a purchace. I had never intended to buy a PS3, but i coudn't justify all the time I wasted with a dead console. I'm a busy father of two, and when I have a little time to relax with a game and unwind some, I want something that works, not something that may work...

I hope you have better luck with yours then I did with mine.

LightYagami245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By LightYagami245

Congrats on getting a 360. You will enjoy it.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Rowr

I recommend getting live if you dont have it already, or at least try and get your hand of a trial and see what you think.

as far as exclusives I recomend Castle Crashers and Mass Effect.

LightYagami245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By LightYagami245
    Rowr said:
    "I recommend getting live if you dont have it already, or at least try and get your hand of a trial and see what you think.

as far as exclusives I recomend Castle Crashers and Mass Effect."
    If you can't get Live now, I would prefer getting a RPG, such as Oblivion or Lost Odyssey. You don't need Live to fully enjoy them.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By Jayge_
    LightYagami245 said:
    "Rowr said:
    "I recommend getting live if you dont have it already, or at least try and get your hand of a trial and see what you think.

as far as exclusives I recomend Castle Crashers and Mass Effect."
    If you can't get Live now, I would prefer getting a RPG, such as Oblivion or Lost Odyssey. You don't need Live to fully enjoy them."
    How else would I get my horse armor??????
    Avatar image for deactivated-65f9e2f09d481
    deactivated-65f9e2f09d481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My only main complaints right now are how noisy it can be and the fact that there's a lot of proprietary stuff on it.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By giyanks22
    Player1 said:
    "I bet gears of war will be your favorite game. Youll love halo too, would defiantly recommend find a friend and playing those games co-op. A lot more fun. "
    Yeah Gears will be your favorite game, because it is just plain fun to cut someone's head off with a chainsaw. It gets very satisfying after a while.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By crunchUK

pros: you'll have 1 meelion awesome awesome games to play. XBL effing rules

cons: your wallet will be forever empty... XBL is expensive

seriously i haven't owned such a great console since the good ol' N64

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.