Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Xbox May Have Died. [Technical Help Needed]

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By breadfan

All right, duders. So my fourth Xbox 360 may have just kicked the bucket. It suddenly just shut off and won't turn back on. No red rings, no nothing. Now I'm not sure if the Xbox has died or if it has something to do with the power brink thing. The box itself doesn't have the orange light on it to indicate that it is plugged in or on. Does this mean that there could have been some problem on that end?

Just thought I'd ask for some help before I go out and buy another power brick to test it's that or not, or just get a new Xbox.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

Sounds like the power got knocked off for half a second or something. What model is it? Slim or the old fat one?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By musubi

@Breadfan: Even if your Xbox is dead you should still get SOME sort of signal on the power brick. If your getting no light on it at all then my guess is the brick died. If you know someone with a xbox I'd see if you couldn't hook it up to their power brick and see what happens.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By jking47

Yeah, if the light on the power brick is off the problem is there. Try a different outlet to remove that possibility, and if it still doesn't work you will probably need to get a new power brick.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By breadfan

Ah, it somehow is back on. It made a fairly loud buzzing noise and shut off, which did not sound good at all. Hopefully it lasts, but I've been noticing some weird stuff happening with this Xbox as of late.

@believer258: An old fatty

@Demoskinos: I was thinking of that, but everyone I know has the new model. Would that have the same power brick?

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Have you tried plugging it into a different wall socket? Also possibly see if someone you know has another power supply you can borrow and try testing your 360 on that one.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By musubi

@Breadfan said:

Ah, it somehow is back on. It made a fairly loud buzzing noise and shut off, which did not sound good at all. Hopefully it lasts, but I've been noticing some weird stuff happening with this Xbox as of late.

@believer258: An old fatty

@Demoskinos: I was thinking of that, but everyone I know has the new model. Would that have the same power brick?

Sadly no it has a smaller one because the new 360's actually use less power.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.