Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Live

Concept »

Xbox Live is Microsoft's online gaming service.

First free July XBL Gold game = Defense Grid: The Awakening

• 63 results
    Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Good game... Really old though and it's been on sale a number of times. Not much of a value. They just want to get the game in as many hands as possible and hope people buy the DLC.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The next free game will be The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Has halo 3 and Ass creed 2 even been made available for free yet?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@the_laughing_man said:

Ya I am 100% sure at E3 they said games for July where Creed 2 and Halo 3.

I'll need a quote or something, because I don't remember that at all.

http://i.imgur.com/YtxRobb.jpg

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battlefield 3 for EU ps plus members on Wednesday !

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I knew this survice wouldent be as good as psn+ from the games they thought were good enough to announce on stage and now this cements it. Onless the other game is something like crisis 3 it pales in comparison

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battlefield 3 for EU ps plus members on Wednesday !

Now would be the time to do free Battlefield 3.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys, you're overlooking one thing. Even if Halo 3 and Assassins Creed 2 were available this month they're still not good gets by any stretch of the imagination, when it was announced at E3 that those were the games 'kicking off the service' it was met with muted response from the audience and polite applause.

• Halo 3 - 2007, nearly 6 years old. There have been 5 Halo games since then and now.
    • Assassins Creed 2 - 2009. nearly 4 years old. There have been 3 main AC games since then and now.

If you are commenting on these forums and own an Xbox 360 quite frankly how haven't you played these games yet? Assassins Creed is arguably one of the more important new franchises coming out of this generation (even if they have slightly flogged it to death).

Microsoft should've opened up the Microsoft Studios catalogue and released Halo 4 for free download with XBL Gold, the window of people that were going to buy that game already have. They get new people who aren't already into the Halo franchise ready for the TV show and the next game on XB1. And they help the dwindling Multiplayer count (barely 4000 players last I was on) get a good bump. It's also a relatively new game so it makes the service seem all that more substantial as well.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Guys, you're overlooking one thing. Even if Halo 3 and Assassins Creed 2 were available this month they're still not good gets by any stretch of the imagination, when it was announced at E3 that those were the games 'kicking off the service' it was met with muted response from the audience and polite applause.

• Halo 3 - 2007, nearly 6 years old. There have been 5 Halo games since then and now.
    • Assassins Creed 2 - 2009. nearly 4 years old. There have been 3 main AC games since then and now.

If you are commenting on these forums and own an Xbox 360 quite frankly how haven't you played these games yet? Assassins Creed is arguably one of the more important new franchises coming out of this generation (even if they have slightly flogged it to death).

Microsoft should've opened up the Microsoft Studios catalogue and released Halo 4 for free download with XBL Gold, the window of people that were going to buy that game already have. They get new people who aren't already into the Halo franchise ready for the TV show and the next game on XB1. And they help the dwindling Multiplayer count (barely 4000 players last I was on) get a good bump. It's also a relatively new game so it makes the service seem all that more substantial as well.

I haven't played any of the Assassin Creed games so I was looking forward to downloading Assassins Creed 2 TODAY. How can Microsoft botch up a goodwill program by misleading people like this? It's starting to become sad.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing Assassin's Creed 2 for free today would be great advertising for that upcoming AC Blackflag game. Just saying.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kedi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By kedi2

Is the game still showing up as 800 points for you guys?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

That one guy saying he should make sure the guys in marketing are working in a safe environment because it seems like they're breathing in noxious fumes was pretty funny

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.