Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Live

Concept »

Xbox Live is Microsoft's online gaming service.

The New Dashboard and ads

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CptBedlam

I just downloaded the new dashboard beta and I am shocked by how much the ad space has increased. MS manages to throw even more ads in our face than before which was already ridiculuos, especially if you are a paying gold member.

The big center piece is always a huge ad, next to it are even more ads and only in the upper left corner can I see a tiny picture of the game that's currently in my 360.

You really need to treat your customers better, Microsoft! Right now I feel like I'm constantly mocked by this company.

I'll probably switch back to Sony when the next gen arrives because MS' service has become worse and worse in my eyes with all the unnecessary social shit and ads. I just can't support this any longer.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Samaritan

You know, while you're right that the idea of charging users a monthly/annual fee for online access while simultaneously presenting ads on their dashboard is kind of gross, I can't help but think the new dashboard's treatment of advertisements is far more elegant than previous dashboards, and thus, is less intrusive to me. Perhaps the quality on the advertisements has gone up, or perhaps it's just their natural integration into the interface, but I find it a lot easier to ignore them altogether now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.