Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Live

Concept »

Xbox Live is Microsoft's online gaming service.

Xbox Live Update: Games On Demand, Netflix Movie Party & More

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JJOR64

I seen this article over at Kotaku.  It shows a list of the new features coming to the dashboard.  It also talks about it starting on Monday for some people  It would be awesome if I could check it out.  I got picked early for the NXE so I guess we will wait and see.  For full details, check out the link.

http://kotaku.com/5316580/xbox-live-update-games-on-demand-netflix-movie-party--more

EDIT:  Why haven't they added a web browser to the 360 yet?  Everything else has it, even the DS.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By jkz

Was the NXE Beta done by random selection?

If so, I think this will be different. I think I remember hearing that the "select members of the community" meant those involved in online customer interaction and such, and not random members of the community. I'm not sure how the NXE beta worked though, I just got it as a member of the press. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, haven't been paying too much attention to this.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JJOR64
    @jukezypoo said:
    " Was the NXE Beta done by random selection?

If so, I think this will be different. I think I remember hearing that the "select members of the community" meant those involved in online customer interaction and such, and not random members of the community. I'm not sure how the NXE beta worked though, I just got it as a member of the press. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, haven't been paying too much attention to this.
    "
    Yeah.  I had to sign up for this Microsoft testing thing so I could get in.
    ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ravensword

Kinda curious what the 1080p Streaming is for? How si it any different then me Buyinga TV show episode like I do now?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

Dood, that's some crazy updates!!!  The Netflix Party thing is something I'll DEFINITELY get in on with some friends!  = D

The Avatar Awardables is something else I'm interested in, especially to see what the supported games are.  I guarantee those will quickly become the most visited achievements and games on Giant Bomb when they get released.

Overall, very impressed with what they are doing with this update.  Hopefully, it doesn't break the shit out of stuff, though.  We still have random XBL disconnect issues whenever we plug in copies of Halo 3...and that's the only game that does it...and it's only done it since we did the last Dashboard update.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By MrKlorox

I'll bet Last.fm will be launched from an entry point on the dashboard just like netflix. This probably means we can't listen to it while playing a game. Looking forward to full game downloads. Watch the next GTA come on two discs now: one install, one play like back in the day.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JJOR64
    @MrKlorox said:
    " This probably means we can't listen to it while playing a game. "
    Probably.  :-(  It would be awesome if you could though.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MrKlorox

They did mention building and saving playlists however (e3 i think). Perhaps you launch the app to build the playlist and save it to your drive. Then once in-game, bring up the guide music player and select it from the list.

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Luke
    @JJOR64 said:
    Why haven't they added a web browser to the 360 yet?  Everything else has it, even the DS. "
    This looks like a really awesome update!!!  Web Browser would be kewl though... it's like the one thing PS3 can wave over their heads, unfortunately. 

Lastly, this is like the only fucking Topic worth reading right now on the Giant Bomb Forums, gawd damn-it (half the stuff is Off-Topic non-gaming shit)... at least this is a gewd Post!  Thanks JJOR64 :) 
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @JJOR64 said:
    " I seen this article over at Kotaku.  It shows a list of the new features coming to the dashboard.  It also talks about it starting on Monday for some people  It would be awesome if I could check it out.  I got picked early for the NXE so I guess we will wait and see.  For full details, check out the link.

http://kotaku.com/5316580/xbox-live-update-games-on-demand-netflix-movie-party--moreEDIT:  Why haven't they added a web browser to the 360 yet?  Everything else has it, even the DS. "
    because who needs a browser on a console? i never use my ps3 or wii browser.
    Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Wolverine
    @JJOR64: The biggest new feature is going to be games on demand. I can't stand having to go with my friends at 12 Midnight to try to get popular games when they release. I would much rather just wait on my couch to play them.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JJOR64
    @Luke said:
    " @JJOR64 said:
    Why haven't they added a web browser to the 360 yet?  Everything else has it, even the DS. "
    This looks like a really awesome update!!!  Web Browser would be kewl though... it's like the one thing PS3 can wave over their heads, unfortunately.  Lastly, this is like the only fucking Topic worth reading right now on the Giant Bomb Forums, gawd damn-it (half the stuff is Off-Topic non-gaming shit)... at least this is a gewd Post!  Thanks JJOR64 :)  "
    Your welcome.  :-P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.