Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Live

Concept »

Xbox Live is Microsoft's online gaming service.

Your Top Reasons Why Xbox Live Service Should Be FREE

• 61 results
    giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By giyanks22

Microsoft thought about that, but...no one really seems to care about the cost, it is still really popular. If they lose membership due to price then they will lower it or make it free, but unless we start an XBL boycott then nothing will happen price wise.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By pause422

because its great, but its not a service worth paying for. Also anything free is better.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By pause422
    Mourne said:
    "elbow said:
    "Second rate service. I could understand paying for them to actually host dedicated servers for all of their games, but that just isn't the case. Besides you gotta pay for everything else, so what gives?"
    Second rate? Given that it's by far the most reliable online service for consoles as of today, that makes it first rate. I think you mean PSN is second rate, and for that I am prone to agreeing.

Dedicated servers are absolutely not necessary whatsoever for the vast majority of games. When P2P doesn't work as intended (as was the case with Gears of War), that's an infrastructure issue that can be solved while still using P2P."
    And uh...yeah dedicated servers > using host bandwidth and always will....there is always at least one person, or the host theirself in games that causes lag out the ass one time or another, but it won't happen on dedicated servers. Since I last played a BTB on halo 3 a long time ago, I remember you can't ever have a game without half of your team and the other team lagging out and d/cing, and getting lag out the ass, so don't tell me it wouldn't help. Also no, I don't need a comment saying "stop lagging then" or somewhere along the line of that or "get a better connection" because it isn't my connection to begin with, so don't even try. Everyone has to of had this problem one time or another, just look at Gears 1, everytime ina  game someone leaves or dc's and then you're stuck with that fucking pop up where you can't move constantly, it kills the games for you, and you just get sick of shit like that.
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By wefwefasdf
    samcotts said:
    "To be honest, I don't have any problems with paying. Paying a fairly small amount every year is fine by me. Perhaps when PSN offers just as good of a service, then maybe I'll feel like complaining, but at the moment, I'm fine with it."
    I feel the same way.
    4D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By 4D

because its FREE on pc and ps3

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By pause422
    4D said:
    "because its FREE on pc and ps3"
    watch, this will only follow by someone stating how its sooo much better than those, and worth the money. People don't actually think though, PS3's is catching up with it fine, and the PC? so a service isn't fully integrated to the PC...which is a good thing, people have mods, unlimited supply of new maps, to extend a games life long long after its been completed, whether it be for multiplayer or single player, and constant free updates from the devs...that itself, and Steam are more worth paying for than XBL ever will be, even though they never will be , which only makes it more awesome.  Though this has little relevance, it doesn't matter how many of us think it should be free, it isn't going to happen so it honestly is pointless....
    RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By RetroIce4

I think it should be free now because PSN is catching up. Nintendo... your just ****ed! I love smash but your service is so awful...

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By pause422

XBL lag free, thats a laugh. Every internet service or online game in general encounters lag once in a while, but XBL encounters it plenty just becuase of the whole host bandwidth thing, and um..by dedicated service I'm guessing you don't mean servers, because that isn't so. And we don't pay for live for a reason, we pay for it because microsoft like they've been for years since the first shitty windows came  out, are money grubby, and want to get every last penny out of everyone. To the people that think its truly worth it, thats great for you, but there are plenty of us that don't... as I said above, the possibilties of online and ways to extend a game on the PC exceed anything XBL will ever do since its a closed network, but thats just me, I actualyl like to get my moneys worth out of games.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By HandsomeDead
    Mourne said:
    "I do not mind paying $50 a year for it. After comparing it to PSN and the Wii's online, I will gladly pay $50 a year."
    This. It's hardly an extortionate sum and while it's ot perfect, it is much better than those services.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By pause422
    ZodiacVII said:
    "Yes, you are correct, every service that is online encounters lag once in a while, which is exactly what I said. The majority of people who use Live experience it lag-free with minimal connection issues. Also, service and server are two totally different words with two totally different definitions, but you know that, obviously.

Funny you say how "shitty" Windows is, yet I guarauntee you are using it right now, or use it to play PC games on. If it's so shitty, where is your alternative? I'm not defending Microsoft's OS, I'm merely pointing out how intriguing people's logic and reasoning can be these days.

I've yet to see a reason stated why Live should be free, other than "<insert here why> Microsoft is greedy." The extremely miniscule fee that is being asked for in return for the service that is constant;y updated, maintained, and evolving is in my opinion, as well as in the opinion of ten million other subscribers, worth it. If you are one of the few people who has their own money to pay and doesn't think so, then don't pay and don't sign up; no one's loss but your own."
    I love how you completely vere into discussions that aren't even the topic here. the simple question was, what are YOUR, as in my own, and your own, reasons why XBL should be free, or worth it or whatever, I stated mine, so you have no counter to it that makes you right in any way. also "don't pay and don't sign up;no one's loss but your own" I've had it since last fall, and as long as its forced of course I'll have to pay just like anyone else, as I said though, the topic of why it shouldn't be paid for is a simple opinion of different people, I think it should be free for plenty of reasons, you think otherwise, its fine, deal with it.
    coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

#63  Edited By coolarman

XBL should be free because i am already paying for an internet connection and now i have to pay to USE the internet connection i mean come on

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.