Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Bar Code Tattoos

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By spraynardtatum

When I turn my Xbox One on, or my Playstation 4, the first thing I want to do is help large businesses with finding what is popular; however, I would rather not have to do it manually or consciously. That has always been a pet peeve of mine and I'm sure all of you.

Bar code tattoos could offer really great functionality with the new generation of consoles. Heck, it could be useful for social media, news outlets, online shopping, and national security. If everyone was coded in some way than we could easily be recognized by our new devices without having to say our names or click yes on a log in screen. We'd simply display our forearms and boom, instant access! Our purchases could be applied to our codes so no one could ever forget that we bought their product or played their game. We'd no longer need to download apps to show our support, we'd be able to show it by wearing a short sleeved shirt or perhaps cutting the sleeve off a long sleeved shirt which I'm doing anyways.

Look, I love advertisements but there are definitely some that just aren't for me. It's frustrating. If all advertisements I ever saw could be based on purchases I've already made or things that my Xbox noticed I liked than I'd be a much happier person and would definitely buy more products.

Trends could be set for corporations by digitally counting what coded people are doing the most. Then Microsoft or Sony could create new products and games that catered to those activities. They could advertise products that should be popular to people that are more likely to purchase that content. Trends should be documented and followed and finding ways to know exactly what people like is extremely useful for businesses.

I know there are going to be minor features that will allow them to track what we're doing as customers but the data isn't complete enough to be future proof. If we could get bar code tattoos integrated with a hardware update down the road I can't imagine how helpful that would be to them. They could be implemented on our avatars and in game characters to make it fun. One day we could even drop our proper names and go by our individual SKUs (a man can dream). Imagine never getting confused about all the Daves you knew again.

I'm not expecting Microsoft or Sony to have this kind of technology within the first year of the next gen but it is definitely something they should look into.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

No Caption Provided

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By lego_my_eggo

I cant tell if this is sarcasm or not. Your last blog talks about privacy issues and shady advertising, now you want to be stamped so they can do that more effectively? ok

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lego_my_eggo said:

I cant tell if this is sarcasm or not. Your last blog talks about privacy issues and shady advertising, now you want to be stamped so they can do that more effectively? ok

I think "the first thing I want to do is help large businesses with finding what is popular", "I love advertisements" and "One day we could even drop our proper names and go by our individual SKUs" put it pretty clearly into the sarcasm camp.

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Why come you don't have a tattoo? You're not unscannable are you?

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

another good idea would be slave collars that explode when you try to take them off!

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By bacongames

Should tattoos talk?

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bacongames said:

Should tattoos talk?

I didn't even think of that. Awesome idea.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By spraynardtatum

@casper_:

"another good idea would be slave collars that explode when you try to take them off!"

Credit

That's a little too far. I don't think anyone wants to hurt anyone. Just it would be great if companies could have more ways of figuring out what I want.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.