Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Benefits of a Xbox One X for a 1080p tv owner?

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

So, this thing seems really geared towards 4K, which is cool and all, but what about those of us with 1080p TVs? Is there going to be a appreciable difference for these people? Or should I just stick with my Xbox one?

Ungodly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

They have stated that games will look and play better on a 1080 tv.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@ungodly: thanks. I wasn't sure if it was every game though. If that's the case then I think it would be worth getting

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

From what I understand, Xbox One X games played on a 1080p will be downsampled (decent explanation) and they'll run better. So yes, there will technically be an improvement, but whether it's worth it or not is up to you.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OurSin_360

Hopefully they give you a choice of supersampling or 60fps, but i think it will be up to the developer and wont be a standardized requirement either way.

Also it will give you an excuse to upgrade your tv, lol

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ThePanzini  Online

Some games are night and better on the Pro using 1080p screen, Battlefield 1 has a sharper image downsampling from the higher resolution spends alot more time closer to 60fps and loads the game and assets quicker like streaming textures etc.

Though the benefits are not universal if a developer puts in the time it'll be worthwhile on any screen with the 1X being better tech it will have alot more potential.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

YES. Xbox One X will have supersampling, and it will look better on a 1080p TV.

rccola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not out yet so no one really knows

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would not upgrade from the original console if you're not going to take advantage of one of its main selling points (higher res) anytime soon, unless the price is right. $499 is crazy at 1080p, for me. If you're def going to get a 4k TV or monitor soonish, go for it. If you're going to ride 1080p for its lifecycle (which is totally fine), I'd wait for a cheaper price to upgrade, no question.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

framerate

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

So now that the X has been out for a while, could someone share their experience using an Xbox One X on a 1080p TV? An opportunity has presented itself for me to upgrade my launch Xbox One to a brand new Xbox One X for just 190 euros. I'm still using a 1080p TV but am looking to upgrade to a 4K set once I move to a new flat, hopefully before the end of the year.

But yeah, have you duders found noticeable differences using the Xbox One X at 1080p compared to the older models?

vdortizo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You should have created a new thread, this one is too old and I don't like thread necromancing, but:

From a launch to X perspective, you get (slightly?) better performance on frame unlocked games + xbox and 360 originals that have been upgraded get upscaled to 1080p for a better experience.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ThePanzini  Online

@isomeri: Well I got a 4K TV shortly after getting the 1X, but the enhanced backwards compatibility games were even at 1080p Red Dead & Forza night and day better. IQ overall on the 1X is very clean which is probably the best improvement for me I found 900p was blurry on alot of Xbox titles.

TheRealSeaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheRealSeaman

@thepanzini said:

@isomeri: I found 900p was blurry on alot of Xbox titles.

A lot of games use dynamic resolution and the original Xbox One (what a stupid console name) would dip below even 900p quite a lot, so the X is helping avoid DR dipping too low as well

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.