Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Best AA Batteries for Gamepad

MedalOfMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello,

I'm using DURACELL Turbo batteries but is there better batteries which lasts longer?

GozerOnline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Get a couple of pairs of Eneloops and you won't have to buy disposable batteries anymore.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Eneloops are THE battery to get.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Alan Wake says Energizer.

nok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nok

Eneloops as suggested above, a fairly minimal investment for some rechargeable batteries that last for freaking ever

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SilverBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a couple of pairs of rechargeable AAs that are intended for digital cameras, and they work really well -- I suspect they are in about the same league as Eneloops. Some batteries list their charge, if I'm not mistaken, in mAh (milliampere hours) on the battery itself. Look for anything that specifies around 2000mAh or more and you should be in great shape.

I hope that helps.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Play and charge kit.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

I just keep it plugged in or buy a rechargeable pack. Last time I had to use them were my gameboy colour. With them I would just go to the dollar store and buy one of those giant packs of 24+ batteries and pour them out into a bowl and keep them handy. The only problem is you will go through them like candy. So make sure to keep a lot around you will be fine and dandy.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By flameboy84

I bought a huge pack of batteries from the dollarstore whilst I wait for Eneloops to arrive. So far they've been lasting for ages, shocked and surprised.

Can't be bothered with play and charge kit would rather have Eneloops plugged in charging and ready to swap out as and when than suddenly be held to ransom by cable. Especially when there is currently no battery indicator on screen.

BRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

ENELOOPS is always the answer

noizy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By noizy

Brand aside, just look at the capacity on the batteries you buy. mAh number is milliampere hour. The higher the better.

Then there's type. NiMH is Nickel–metal hydride. NiCad is Nickel–cadmium. I believe NiMH is better, except in some cases like for items that will discharge the battery capacity very quickly; like power tools. So for controllers some NiHM is fine.

tl;dr : buy NiHM batteries with the highest mAh number on them.

I own 4 Energizers (NiMH 1300 mAh) and a charger. Eneloops are the unofficially endorsed batteries of the Giant Bombcast. They seriously should get an advertisement deal with em', they already sung their praise on several occasion.

mina_mina752

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

enirgizer, i love those batteries since i was a child...all my toys was operated with enirgizer :)

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I actually picked up the Nyko charging station. Comes with two battery packs and, well, the charging station. It does require you to use the replacement battery covers but, they don't look too bad. I'm pretty pleased with it so far. And it was only about 18 bucks at Costco.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.