Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Durango 05/21 Reveal: Which rumours are true?

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

Poll Durango 05/21 Reveal: Which rumours are true? (49 votes)

The name will be Xbox ∞ 33%
    Always-Online REQUIRED 39%
    No used games 22%
    Kinect 2.0 in every box 65%
    The leaked specs on VGleaks are true (it's a bit less powerful than the PS4) 51%
    HDD-install required for all games 39%
    100% Backwards Compatibility using a 360 SOC in the box 16%
    $99 Cut-down 360 to release in the same window 33%
    1 Month free XBOX Live with every new game purchase 18%
    Releases this year 84%

What do you believe?

• 
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gah, forgot the interesting one about Windows 8 RC being the basis for the operating system.

Either way, if a lot of the above are true, it'll be interesting to see how much they can surprise us with the reveal, especially since they're supposedly holding off on the games infodump for E3.

I can't wait - I love console launches & reveals.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@selfconfessedcynic:I'm the same, I loved watching all this stuff happen wayyy wayyy back in the gamespot on the spot days, super excited to see what they show at this event and E3.

I honestly think the kinect 2.0 in the box is absolute madness simply due to the cost of it.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benny: I think kinect is a blight upon the face of the earth, but I also think it's core to MS's strategy going forward. Combined with rumours about improvements to the camera part meaning they could take out the motorization coupled with how cheap optical sensors are thanks to smart phones, I can see it happening.

Not that I want it to.

But yes, the 360/PS3 launches were AWESOME, especially with live feeds from the old gamespot crew with dudes talking to people in line etc - and the amazing E3 trailer reveals, etc.

This year will be a fun one.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Benny

@selfconfessedcynic: I remember Rich even did a top 3 'best' E3 trailers on the spot and the winner was the Wii music dude on drums if I recall correctly, man I hope for a similar level of stupidness this time round, you just know there will be some horrific proof of concept trailer stuff.

Edit: we can only pray there will be a next generation 'the colony.'

Loading Video...

Edit 2: HOLY FUCK, this video is hard to watch now.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By BaneFireLord

I really don't think it will have always online, despite all the speculation. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that would be the first device in history to require a constant internet connection in order to function at all. No way is Microsoft going to be the first to do it; they're not suicidal.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benny said:

Edit 2: HOLY FUCK, this video is hard to watch now.

Oh jezus.

Well, I HAVE to post this now. Let's hope the event can match up to its predecessor.

Loading Video...

Also, I remember the days when I really liked apple ads (opening of video above).

I really don't think it will have always online, despite all the speculation. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that would be the first device in history to require a constant internet connection in order to function at all. No way is Microsoft going to be the first to do it; they're not suicidal.

Well, it wouldn't be the first device but it would be the first console for sure.

As a person who just had a week of no internet (my phone line went down then I had to wait for my provider to reconnect my net), I too hope for no online requirement. But then, I also think that there's no smoke without fire in this case, so I do believe they at least entertained the idea at some point during the process - hopefully they have changed their minds on that.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

All of them, except maybe backwards compatibility.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.