Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Something possibly overlooked in Kotaku article

alexpiercey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

"If the connection is interrupted then after a period of time--currently three minutes, if I remember correctly--the game/app is suspended and the network troubleshooter started."

Since this is an anonymous source, I probably shouldn't be putting as much emphasis into this, but did the source just announce that games and apps will be able to "suspend"? We already know the PS4 can do this, but since we don't technically know anything about the next Xbox, this seems like news to me. I haven't noticed anybody else mentioning this, for good reason since I suppose it was out shadowed a bit.

Is this new to anybody else?

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By TruthTellah

@sgtpierceface: I think that's just assumed; so, it isn't really noteworthy. All of the new consoles have had the capability to suspend software. The Wii U can do it, the 3DS can do it, the Vita can do it, and the PS4 will be able to do it. So, it stands within reason that the next Microsoft console will be able to do it as well. Right?

alexpiercey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By alexpiercey

@truthtellah: Yea, I guess that makes sense. I remember when they announced the feature during the PS4 live stream, I was pretty surprised. t never really occurred to me that a console could have that feature. I don't know, it's probably just interesting to me in that regard.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By TruthTellah

@truthtellah: Yea, I guess that makes sense. I remember when they announced the feature during the PS4 live stream, I was pretty surprised. t never really occurred to me that a console could have that feature. I don't know, it's probably just interesting to me in that regard.

Yeah, it's pretty cool, and it's nice that it should now be standard. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.