Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

The Xbox One is really pissing me off!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

scaramoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It's so slow, it took 5 hours to install Fifa 14 last night...... why? On Steam I can download Max Payne 3 which is a 30GB game in 30 mins and be playing straight away. Yet on the Xbox One you might as well not bother trying to play until the next day because by the time it has downloaded you're not in the mood. Not only that but switching between all the different apps is so slow... why? Even Android that is using an ARM processor is faster switching between stuff. Using Kinect is cumbersome, I often have to repeat myself or just give up and use the controller. You cannot use Kinect with the Blu Ray app, you cannot even use your hand... you're on the main menu and want to play but you have to grab the controller..... great for the family! If you do have a bunch of people in the room Kinect freaks out, it wont focus on one person, it'll think you're all talking to it or waving your hands to control it. I ended up unplugging the shit thing altogether, it's a waste of money, they should have made it optional and reduced the price, Kinect sold well on the 360, so I don't get why it's packed in.

They advertised it as this big media hub but external storage doesn't work, I cannot get my content off or on the Xbox One, so it's useless! On top of that, there are no apps to watch media on other than 4oD and Youtube, which I dunno why you'd wanna do that as the Youtube app doesn't even list your subscriptions. Like how did they launch with far less than the previous consoles? All this should have been sorted, instead we're waiting until who knows when for it to catch up. None of this was advertised as not there, they made it out to be this amazing media hub, it isn't. The TV stuff is for the US only I'm guessing as there is no TV guide here, only who cares because Kinect is so bad it would just make it worse.

The worst thing that is fucking me off the most though is Xbox Gold, I do not play consoles enough to warrant a subscription and everything they make you subscribe for is a con! Why am I subbing to play games I've already paid for online? What am I getting? I play games on PC without a sub and it is a much better experience than on console, heck even the PS3 was just fine. I'm finding everything I want to do on the console even if it requires no net connection, it frigging asks me to sign up to gold. Why are all the apps gold only? I can use them all on my phone or ANY OTHER DEVICE FOR FREE!

I wanted to record a video of me playing Forza 5 to get my friend to buy it so we can play it online. So I recorded a video, I went into editing and there is no place where you can put 2 clips together, you can have 1, 3 or 5 and it cannot go over 5 mins long....... WHY? No fucking race is 5 mins, they're all around 7 mins at the min. I have two 3.50 min clips and I couldn't put them together for two reasons and I cannot have just one big clip because there is a 5 min restriction. What is really annoying is it's such an effort to start recording again, like why can't I just set it up so it records the whole race and it splits it up automatically? So I thought I'd upload them to my Sky drive which I can use for FREE on my PC and my Windows Phone......... NOT WITH THE XBOX ONE! THERE IS NO FUCKING WAY TO KEEP YOUR CLIPS UNLESS YOU HAVE GOLD! What's more is Skydrive ruins the quality for whatever reason to where it is like watching a 480p video.. like why? What is the point of limiting the file size for Skydrive?

It is a mess of a console and I have no interest in using it any more, going up on ebay.

Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Number one... Calm down.

Number two all the thing you list were known before the console launched if your here you should have already known this and as for everything requiring gold it's been that way all last gen too.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this was kind of hilarious

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
    alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By alwaysbebombing

I'm pretty sure there's a song titled "Don't ever buy a console at launch."

Sidekick-Trio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Sidekick-Trio

Caveat emptor dude, nothing you're complaining about wasn't out there before the console launched as Haruko said since you're on Giantbomb you should've known all this stuff before hand.

Edit: Plus everytime someone complains about the xbone they take a shot at Kinect. I feel kinda crazy because I quite like it.

BillyMethers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stopped reading after the bullshit statement of download 30GB in 30min. You fuckin' lie. Unless your house is on the backbone of the internet I doubt you can even download that fast.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I honestly don't see why it is so slow when it has 8GB of RAM! That is as much as my PC and that runs great. Maybe they just don't prioritize it. My 360 takes forever to do anyting while my PS3 feels fast. The PS3 uses the same XMB since launch while the 360 have become more and more bloated and slow. I was expecting the new machine to be fast though...it should be more than powerful enough, even if it is not quite as powerful as a PS4. Seems more of a software problem.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Sterling

Honestly though, why does it take so damn long to install from a disc. It shouldn't take an hour to install from a disc. It is also the same with the PS4. Are these drives like 1x or something?

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

You can download 30GB in half an hour? Holy shit what kind of internet is that?

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

30gb in 30 minutes is total bullshit.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I have both the PS4 and the Xbone, and I love them both. I was also aware of the limitations of each system when I bought them and you probably weren't. Don't nerdrage and sell a system after one day of use, you'll regret it.

Also, you don't get to download 30gigs of Max Payne 3 on Steam in 30 minutes. Sorry, but no.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can download 30GB in half an hour? Holy shit what kind of internet is that?

Optic fibre, and 30 GB in half an hour is slow for optic fibre standards.

ericdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling: <SterlingArcherResponse>Who am I David Gregg? .... Inventor of the optical disk..... anyone? Okay come back to me, I'll do better next time. </SterlingArcherResponse>

I actually think that it detects if you have a connection and pulls down data from internet regardless. So you may think it's installing from the disk, but it's really pulling data from the internet.

spookytapes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel OP's pain, as I have a lot of the same beefs with the system, though not to the extremes of anger, but I do find it clunky to use.

Davvyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 19

#15  Edited By Davvyk

5 hours to install Fifa? something went seriously wrong for you. Mine was done in 20 minutes max. 15 of which was spent playing the Madrid Barcelona install match.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shaunage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By Shaunage

My FIFA downloaded and installed in under an hour on my terrible Australian internet.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

It is a mess of a console and I have no interest in using it any more, going up on ebay.

Wait, didn't you already sell your Xbox One?

No Caption Provided

While it's entirely possible you may have had buyer's remorse and re-purchased a new Xbox One, this thread's a bit redundant in the "my Xbox One is terrible and I would like to chuck it off a cliff" department. I don't think we need an entirely new discussion on a nearly identical topic from the same user. Thanks!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.