Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Xbox One Controller for PC

Avatar image for maximsilentfoot
    maximsilentfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi Guys,

So Microsoft just revealed the Xbox One "wired" controller for PCs, out in November. I find this announcement odd since they released windows drivers for the Xbox One controller a few months back; all we need is a micro usb cable and the drivers.

Anyways I've been meaning to get the controller (the one for sale now with a play and charge kit) to use with my PC and was wondering if the cable that comes with the play and charge kit can be used to play games on the PC or do I need to get a separate micro USB cable? I've read on a few forums about the controller not functioning properly with some cables yet work fine with others. Any input is appreciated, cheers :)

-maximsilentfoot

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By samfo
    isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#3  Edited By isomeri

I'm still waiting for that wireless dingle-dongle.

maximsilentfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samfo: awesome, thank you! gonna get mine asap :)

maximsilentfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isomeri: yeah its quite silly that they announce the wired-version of the controller for windows but still won't work wirelessly with your pc..should've just announced it together with a dongle.

niyoko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is the cable with the charge kit the same as the one include with the PC only marketed version of the Xbox One controller?
    I've purchased a Xbox One console wireless controller to use with my PC and would like to have an official cable.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

@niyoko: I'm not sure if the cable is exactly the same, but a micro-USB cable is a micro-USB cable. It should make no difference who the manufacturer is or where you buy it from.

niyoko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isomeri: True. I was using the cable that came with my Lumia 925 until I bent it. Now using the cable from a Samsung Galaxy S4. (^-^;;

I like the little light that the official PC controller's cable has on it. The light looks like a nice but unimportant touch.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.