Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Xbox One Day One Achievement

• 60 results
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    No Caption Provided

Xbox One Preorder 0

Ensure that the most powerful console ever made will be delivered to you on day one.

This is the exclusive achievement that people will get for pre-ordering the Xbox One for a launch day purchase.

This is real.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

My order says that it'll get here like, the following Wednesday.. But, cool!

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By confusedowl

An Achievement!? Gotta go pre order now.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By IBurningStar
    No Caption Provided

This was the exact face that I made.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Couldn't even write a true one sentence description.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By EquitasInvictus

What?! Amazon didn't mention it in the e-mail telling me preorders were open that there was also an achievement tied to it!

Really though, I don't know how I feel about this kind of achievement.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Microsoft Store Achievements"

ewwww

Avatar image for boom_goes_the_dynamite
    Boom_goes_the_dynamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Excuse me while I go drink heavily and I ponder the stupidity of this.

Sogeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

most powerful? so they want me to preorder a PS4?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#10  Edited By StarvingGamer

They'll probably sell an extra couple-hundred units on launch thanks to two minutes of programming work.

Pretty shrewd Microsoft.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

http://www.trueachievements.com/a29674/zero-hour-vip-achievement.htm

360 had a similar Zero Hour achievement. I think Zero Hour was supposed to be this launch event in Vegas, or like the desert?

You would get either an achievement, or a 360 launch goodie. I think Burnie Burns, from Rooster teeth, got a hoodie.

Catarrhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would consider that a badge of shame.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I think a launch day achievement is pretty reasonable compared to all the other stuff MS has done recently :P

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By bigjeffrey

Can i sell this shit like i did Gears pre orders skins

FUCKING $20 for a Single Skin.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigjeffrey: Yeah, it's a code. At least that's what the Amazon page implies.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is freaking hilarious.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, that's one I won't be getting.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Awww sheeit. Sony can't do fuck all about that. Everybody knows trophies don't matter.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By Nictel

@fluxwavez said:

Xbox One Preorder 0

Ensure that the most powerful console ever made will be delivered to you on day one.

So you get a PS4 at launch?

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jdh5153

No Caption Provided

Xbox One Preorder 0

This is the exclusive achievement that people will get for pre-ordering the Xbox One for a launch day purchase.

This is real.

I can't wait to unlock it. The new achievement system sounds great, I look forward to many more achievements like this and time based achievements (i.e. 'play this game on this date')

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't...words can't even form.

Whyyyyyyyy

OGred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By OGred
    Loading Video...

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Words cannot describe how embarrassed I am for them... I don't think I will be unlocking this one...

J12088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You'll have to offer me more to get me to buy your console microsoft. Like money. Give me lots of money.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not even worth any gamerscore? Achievment unlocked: You get nothing.

RustySanderke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RustySanderke

It's not even worth any gamerscore? Achievment unlocked: You get nothing.

It's not about the points, it's about showing everyone online that you did it.

No Caption Provided

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna S-rank the fuck out of Xbone. Hahaha!

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If i preorder, do I get day1 DLC?

Spongetwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Spongetwan

I have it pre-ordered so I am looking forward to it. Can't wait!!!!!

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

I personally think its a little weird attaching achievements to the act of purchasing. I mean is it really much of an achievement? But whatever. Having some sort of badge or something for being day-1 buyers is kind of cool.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

"Congratulations! You spent money!"

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#33  Edited By Humanity

You'd think by 2013 people would stop complaining about how they think achievements are stupid.

Guess what, some people like them, they're not monsters or idiots - they're just people that like something different than you.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Hailinel

@humanity said:

You'd think by 2013 people would stop complaining about how they think achievements are stupid.

Guess what, some people like them, they're not monsters or idiots - they're just people that like something different than you.

No one here is really complaining about achievements in general. But expanding achievements into the realm of rewarding early adopter purchases is ridiculous.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@humanity said:

No one here is really complaining about achievements in general. But expanding achievements into the realm of rewarding early adopter purchases is ridiculous.

That is inherently complaining about achievements. How often do you get a new console launch? It's been 7 years since the last one. So theoretically 7 years from now when the next XBOX comes out, isn't it going to be neat to have a little XBO achievement? I just think it's completely harmless, much like achievements for watching TV shows or something. It's a fun little badge. Tons of people are going to pre-order regardless, it's cool to get a little thing on the side.

OGred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From an IGN post:

No Caption Provided
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Hailinel

@humanity said:

@hailinel said:

@humanity said:

That is inherently complaining about achievements. How often do you get a new console launch? It's been 7 years since the last one. So theoretically 7 years from now when the next XBOX comes out, isn't it going to be neat to have a little XBO achievement? I just think it's completely harmless, much like achievements for watching TV shows or something. It's a fun little badge. Tons of people are going to pre-order regardless, it's cool to get a little thing on the side.

Why should an acheivement be granted explicitly for the act of paying money? They're a system devised for rewarding in-game accomplishment, not training people to go rushing to Gamestop and Amazon like howler monkeys demanding their cheevos.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People seem less hostile or ambivalent to things like "gamer score" if it is entirely "closed system" eg: You play the game to get the achievements of the game. People get more hostile when it turns out you can just start buying points.

To that end they shouldn't have given an achievement for "Pre-ordering" but something like "Watch the pre-order video" which you happen to get access too after you preorder. In abstract nothing has changed but by changing the context it makes it much more palatable.

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also included in the commemorative bundle will be an exclusive “Day One” achievement, as well as bonus items for various Xbox One games. Details on this content are as follows:

• Ryse: Son of Rome – Exclusive multiplayer map and sword with bonus attributes.
    • Forza Motorsport 5 – Access to four cars tuned to the top of their class.
    • Kinect Sports Rivals – Exclusive sporting equipment that separates your Champion from the rest of the world.
    • Dead Rising 3 - Exclusive Frank West and Chuck Greene Tribute Packs with bonus attributes.

~ Siliconera

sirdesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By sirdesmond

Just another reason to not care at all about achievements. When they announced time-sensitive and developer's ability to add or change achievements, I already knew that they really didn't have a standard for them anymore.

OGred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@humanity said:

@hailinel said:

@humanity said:

Why should an acheivement be granted explicitly for the act of paying money? They're a system devised for rewarding in-game accomplishment, not training people to go rushing to Gamestop and Amazon like howler monkeys demanding their cheevos.

Yeah, I think if had they left the achievement unannounced it would be a 'nice' surprise to early adopters. The fact that it's advertised & used as an incentive to spend $500 on day one leaves the impression that MS doesn't respect their consumers and believes dumbass trinkets will convince customers to fork over 1/2 their weekly wage. Can't say they were wrong, but it's still disappointing to see.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebgav said:

@slyspider said:

Also included in the commemorative bundle will be an exclusive “Day One” achievement, as well as bonus items for various Xbox One games. Details on this content are as follows:

• Ryse: Son of Rome – Exclusive multiplayer map and sword with bonus attributes.
    • Forza Motorsport 5 – Access to four cars tuned to the top of their class.
    • Kinect Sports Rivals – Exclusive sporting equipment that separates your Champion from the rest of the world.
    • Dead Rising 3 - Exclusive Frank West and Chuck Greene Tribute Packs with bonus attributes.

~ Siliconera

THAT WAS A FUCKING JOKE MICROSOFT. I cannot believe that there is ACTUALLY DAY 1 DLC FOR A CONSOLE.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@humanity said:

I doubt anyone bought a X1 just to get the achievement.

Avatar image for mightymayormike
    MightyMayorMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MightyMayorMike

@ogred said:

@hailinel said:

@humanity said:

@hailinel said:

@humanity said:

Yeah, I think if had they left the achievement unannounced it would be a 'nice' surprise to early adopters. The fact that it's advertised & used as an incentive to spend $500 on day one leaves the impression that MS doesn't respect their consumers and believes dumbass trinkets will convince customers to fork over 1/2 their weekly wage. Can't say they were wrong, but it's still disappointing to see.

What @ogred said. My first thought was no bueno, but it's really about the way it's being presented, not the achievement itself. To my mind it's a pretty cool idea spoiled by marketing.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel: because why wouldn't they? They're forking over $500 for a console to get it the day it's available. Not everyone is that confident to buy a new system on day 1. That's why the controller says "Day One" on it too. It's like a special item and the achievement is part of the package. I doubt anyone that isn't quite sure about the purchase will be swayed to drop over $500 because of a single achievement. Maybe I just have a different mindset, but to me it's perfectly normal that you give them your money upfront and they give you something unique in return.

OGinOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By OGinOR

@extomar: Except it's worth 0G. It's a fun, little, useless trinket to have tied to your Xbox avatar, that's it. Quite frankly, I think it's kind of a nice idea for us early adopters of the new platform.

And as to Day One DLC...it's not like we're getting more actual gameplay...we're talking about some bonus items to make games a lil easier/interesting on day one, not extra campaigns. It's a nice little frill for pre-order folks. What's the big deal?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oginor said:

@extomar: Except it's worth 0G. It's a fun, little, useless trinket to have tied to your Xbox avatar, that's it. Quite frankly, I think it's kind of a nice idea for us early adopters of the new platform.

And as to Day One DLC...it's not like we're getting more actual gameplay...we're talking about some bonus items to make games a lil easier/interesting on day one, not extra campaigns. It's a nice little frill for pre-order folks. What's the big deal?

Was it diner dash that gave you an achievement for buying the game?

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oginor said:

Was it diner dash that gave you an achievement for buying the game?

The Simpsons Game gave you a cheevo for just pressing start.

SplitSecond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't have a problem with this. It's like a little badge of honour for being an early adopter.

As someone else mentioned you also get a commemorative Day One 2013 controller as well as "premium packaging" according to Amazon. Overall I think it's actually a decent promotion for the day one edition and I would consider it if the Xbox One was going to be my next-generation console of choice.

Spongetwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oginor said:

I agree!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.