Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

xbox one new console models already?

bshaw014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I bought an xbox one day one. It's been an ok experience and I know games are on the way. Not even 6 months after launch though better models seem to be on the way very shortly. Rumor is a cheaper model without a blu ray drive and also a 1TB option. This kind of sucks I would have happily waited to get a no disc drive model with 1TB hard drive. The game collector editions like the Titanfall mock up I've seen I don't mind I assumed they'd be doing a Halo 5 version anyways. But if they are already changing hardware options I think I got burned.

Avatar image for nashvilleskyline
    Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, as soon as you buy an Apple product, out of the store you know they will announce a new and better model the next day. That's pretty much how tech devices work.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By superfriend

Having no Bluray drive sucks. This is a Microsoft product and their digital prices are horrible. They should ditch the damn Kinect.

I´m not really mad about new editions coming out though.. whatever helps them sell more stuff. 1TB of storage still seems weak, if you can´t extend it somehow. Their fucking patches are 6+ gig.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

If I remember correctly the first hard-drive upgrade for the PS3 came after a year, and I don't think that it's unfair for a new model to come out annually. Launch hardware is always compromised in some way or another, and you should always keep that in mind before jumping in on day one.

If Microsoft makes good on the promise of being able to use external hard-drives on the Xbox One, then the 1TB moden shouldn't be a big deal for anyone who's already bought in to the platform. And the model without a Blu-Ray drive is a pretty obvious way forward, but I don't mind paying a bit of extra for being able to take my PS3 out of the entertainment center and use the XBO for Blu-Ray movies instead. If only they'd patch in support for 3D movies.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By pr1mus

I would never go all digital with a Microsoft system. They have some of the worst pricing for their services and games and a propensity to shutdown services and cut you out of whatever you bought. Their track record is terrible compared to Sony which itself is light years away from what Steam and GOG offer.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

@superfriend: @pr1mus: I've bought all my Xbox One games digitally and I'm really happy. The prices are about equal to retail disc prices in Finland right now and not having to fiddle around with discs is pretty sweet.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

If the price was right I'd consider a no drive version, but I'll be waiting for the games first. Fuck paying for online though, #PCMasterRace

Stilblad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@superfriend: Just because there is a large patch doesn't mean that there is going to be a large change in the actual file size.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By nightriff

No drive, no kinect model would cost like $350? I might get that.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By spraynardtatum

No drive, no kinect model would cost like $350? I might get that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.