Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Series X|S

Platform »

The fourth Xbox console from Microsoft launched on November 10, 2020 with two distinct models; Series X and Series S.

Xbox Series X black screen of death?

digitaldisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have experienced this issue several times since release day and apparently a YouTuber is also reporting the issue.

When I pause a game and switch to another input like TV or Blu-ray and then return to the Xbox the screen is totally black and does not respond to input. The system remains on, even the HDR detection on the TV activates so there is some kind of signal being processed. I tried unplugging HDMI and re-plugging to no avail. The only fix appears to be shutting the console down and restarting. This has resulted in loss of progress in Watchdogs though.

Is anyone else having this issue?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.