Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 05, 2016

The aliens have won and the remnants of XCOM must strike to take back the Earth in this sequel to Firaxis' 2012 reboot.

XCOM 2: Tactical Legacy Pack DLC

pewpewphil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pewpewphil

A new DLC pack was just announced and ITS FREE (for all WOTC owners and $7.99 after dec 3) launching on Oct 9, only on PC.

There are a few legacy story missions packed in there taking place between Xcom 1 and Xcom2, with returning weapons and maps from xcom 1. There will be a new skirmish battle creation mode, and an offline challenge mode to replay all challenges to your heart's content.

Its quite a bit of content which I would recommend reading from the source. Also here is a pretty in depth video about the dlc and the behind the scenes on making it

Personally I'm excited there is another content drop for one of my favorite games I played last year, with the added bonus of it being free. I hope Giant bomb will pick up this DLC up for their return on exquisite corps. The legacy missions seem to have the added bonus of being a sandbox to teach the game's many mechanics, with a scoring system to encourage replay and player improvement.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I'm going to have to try XCOM2 at some point, I guess. This sounds like a lot of content for the price.

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Any excuse for more Xcom, this looks like great free edition (provided you have WOTC).

pewpewphil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pewpewphil

@rorie said:

I'm going to have to try XCOM2 at some point, I guess. This sounds like a lot of content for the price.

Defiantly, its a solid game with the WOTC expansion ! Just make sure to get it before Dec 3 ;)

PatODay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait to see what kinds of things people come up with in the Skirmish Mode. I've still gotta give LW2 a shot so any excuse to jump back into XCOM works for me.

Ascara89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm looking forward to this, I've been looking for an excuse to make another run

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Tennmuerti

On one hand this pack sounds super awesome, especially getting all that gear in the main campaign, laser stuff etc. On the other I feel like i'm severely burned out on Xcom2 with multiple playthoughs with the expansions and without, Long War, just hundreds of hours. So I'll get it for sure, since it's free, but it will most likely be one of those save for a super rainy day when there is totally nothing else to play moments.

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
    charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

How about patching the horribly buggy vanilla version?

zor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 18

guess it time for me to pick up the WoTC dlc. Maybe i'll get back into mod scene for this game.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
    charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@ivdamke: I played the Steam version about a month ago. Still tons of bugs. Camera gets stucked under the Avenger, long load times, demands more gpu on low settings than Witcher 3 on high, shot animations go wonky, often you loose ability to control everything but the camera and so on. Literally almost every mission has at least one buggy aspect about it.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonna download it, but wish i had time to play it.

NotSoSneakyGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The content in this thing is actually pretty light. The meat of the Tactical Legacy Pack are the Legacy Operations under the Legacy Hub option on the main menu. Basically they are 4 separate 7-mission mini campaigns. They recorded VO to create a modicum of context to stitch together a small story as you progress map to map. You also pick between 2 upgrades after every mission along with general equipment and ability upgrades. It gives the missions enough sense of progression and escalation, since there are no geoscape parts for Legacy Operations.

They said they remade old maps from XCOM: Enemy Unknown for the Legacy Operations maps, but to me it seems they put most of the iconic ones in the first operation. They rest don't seem that familiar to me.

For complete each operation you complete you unlock a few weapons/armor/customization options for all of your save and future games.

Honestly the best part of the Tactical Legacy Pack is the soundtrack. I think it's totally worth the asking price by itself, even if you don't get it for free.

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.