Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

The classic tactical turn-based combat returns in this modern re-imagining of X-COM: UFO Defense.

If you want to throw money at this game, Steam will take it!

• 63 results
    Lanceuppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By Lanceuppercut

Tier 2 rewards are unlocked, at 1% on tier 3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@Brodehouse
    GOD FUCKING DAMMIT URRRGG TAKE MY MONEY PUT THAT GAME IN MY FACE
    Still hard.
    benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By benjaebe

Well, now that the TF2 items are unlocked I might as well preorder it.

Fucking hats.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By BoG

@8bit_Archer said:

Yeah i just added all this info to the games page hopefully it will get applied soon...this info needs to be out there and I hope Steam does this in future with other releases ...really cool

Did you mention that this sort of scheme is a first for digital distribution? That's good info right there.

Anyways, EVERYONE GO BUY THIS because I want a copy of Civ V to give to my friend.

Krockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#55  Edited By Krockett

@BoG: No i didn't but if it hasn't already I think I will do that right now

laini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By laini

@e_p: I know this is a couple of weeks old at this point but I'm not liking this pre-order reward tier thing. There are a couple of games up on Steam with it now and whilst it seems like the thing you really want, ya know, more stuff for the game you're buying like the Elite Soldier Pack in this case, is in the first tier and it's fairly low on the scale I don't like the idea of not being able to get something just because other people weren't interested in the game.

Doesn't seem fair.

For in game content anyway, if this doesn't reach the "Free Civ 5" stage well that's different.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#57  Edited By DJJoeJoe

@Laini: The rewards are intensely shitty any ways and you should be aware your hating on 'the possibility' of not getting extra content you didn't know about for a game that isn't out yet.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Funkydupe

To be absolutely honest, I thought everyone in love with Civ would be owners of Civ 5 at this point in time. :)

laini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By laini

@DJJoeJoe: In this instances yes, but who knows how it will change in the future?

As for content we didn't know about, well the Elite Soldier Pack was already included in other new copies of the game, but potentially (though admittedly not very likely) people who pre-ordered on Steam wouldn't get it.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By abendlaender

@Laini:

2K actually said, that even if it wont reach the first tier the Elite Soldier Pack would be available for folks who preordered. Anyway, seems like I'll get my free copy of Civ 5 any minute now. Yay

Dredlockz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Dredlockz

@Funkydupe: Yep, gonna be a lot of gifts of civ5 going on. They played it smart since it doesn't include the expantion, so guys getting the gift could potentially buy that eventually.

e_p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By e_p

@Laini said:

@e_p: I know this is a couple of weeks old at this point but I'm not liking this pre-order reward tier thing. There are a couple of games up on Steam with it now and whilst it seems like the thing you really want, ya know, more stuff for the game you're buying like the Elite Soldier Pack in this case, is in the first tier and it's fairly low on the scale I don't like the idea of not being able to get something just because other people weren't interested in the game.

Doesn't seem fair.

For in game content anyway, if this doesn't reach the "Free Civ 5" stage well that's different.

I ended up pre-purchasing the game, and it looks like CivV is going to be part of the package any time now. I've never pre-purchased a game before, but this seemed a deal I could get into. I trust these people to make a good XCOM game, so why not get the bonus game as well.

This steam progressive rewards thing warrants further discussion, though. I can't quite put it into words, but there's a lingering smell of a bait and a switch here. Why exactly should I put money down for some nebulous promise of good things to come?

Why do publishers want those pre-purchases so much anyway? There are plenty of other industries that manage to actually finish their products, and still sell them afterwards. No-one asked me to pre-purchase a ticket to the latest Batman movie, they just kind of knew I'd like to see it.

Dredlockz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Dredlockz

YAY! got my free giftable copy of civ5!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.