Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

The classic tactical turn-based combat returns in this modern re-imagining of X-COM: UFO Defense.

Litany of issues with XCOM on iOS

WhiteShadow151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WhiteShadow151

I recently downloaded XCOM on my iPad2. I'm a huge fan of the game on 360 but the iOS version has had so many problems it's almost unplayable. I was hoping someone could help me out here.

A sampling of the issues I've experienced:

No sound. The first day I downloaded it, I had sound. Suddenly, no sound, and I can't get it to work.

Can't access the barracks or the grey market. They're greyed out and won't open up.

Random crashes.

Glitchy menus. Sometimes, an after-operation report won't go away (even though the menus progress and I can click things in the background) until I close out the app and restart. Sometimes, when I go to "edit unit," the "back" button won't show up so I'm stuck in the editing menus until I restart the app. Sometimes, the after-operation report will never show up and I get stuck in the mission control room with nothing to do except spin around the holo globe until I restart.

Has anyone else experienced these? I love this game and would love to play it on my iPad but it's driving me insane.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.