Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

The classic tactical turn-based combat returns in this modern re-imagining of X-COM: UFO Defense.

Weapon stats and soldier classes

Garris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Garris

Is there a way to see some kind of stats on the various weapons for easy comparison

I just researched the laser pistol and rifle but I'm not sure if there's a trade off anywhere to my conventional weapons

Also how do I tell what class my soldiers are going to become is it based on how they are used in a mission while they are rookies.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Ares42

You need to make one first unfortunately, then go to the barracks and there should be a prompt on the item to see details. The weapons pretty much operate on a tier system though, so lasers are always better than basic weapons etc. And classes are just random (although somewhat tilted towards classes you lack according to Jake Solomon).

kyelb22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By kyelb22

On 360, in the load out screen, you can press the left stick on a weapon, and it will list a weapons damage, critical damage, and its critical chance. It will also say a description and any specific trade offs. Don't know what button it's be on the other versions.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By TheHT

@Kyelb22 said:

On 360, in the load out screen, you can press the left stick on a weapon, and it will list a weapons damage, critical damage, and its critical chance. It will also say a description and any specific trade offs. Don't know what button it's be on the other versions.

That.

If you're on PC, when equipping the item there's a small image on the bottom left of the item picture. Click that for the stats.

Garris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Garris

Thanks for the info I wish I could class select taking my only sniper into the field makes me nervous

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By TheHT

@Garris said:

Thanks for the info I wish I could class select taking my only sniper into the field makes me nervous

You can choose what troops you take on missions. I forget what it says, but the option under the edit option when in the squad select screen. It removes that squadmate and clicking the empty slot will bring up a list of all soldiers. Anyone notes as "Active" you can choose to bring with you.

Garris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Garris
    @TheHT thanks I should clarify I meant I wish I could choose what class each soldier develops as

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.