Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM: Enemy Within

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 12, 2013

The standalone expansion pack for XCOM: Enemy Unknown adds cybernetic soldiers and aliens, along with new multi-player maps.

Anyone have experience with the iOS version?

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#1 liquiddragon  Online

Wondering how it is, how it plays, how it runs.

Looks kinda neat and thinking of picking it up.

Fatcat222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@liquiddragon: I played about 3 hours. It's alright, runs well on newer phones. The main problem I had was the smaller map size. It makes missions shorter which lowers the difficulty dramatically.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Sackmanjones

If it's cheap and you just wanna scratch that xcom feeling on the go, it certainly gets the job done. But don't expect it to be a perfect replication of the original game because they do Make some concessions to have it be on phones.

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

I've played it twice through on my old iPhone 5c, and still fire it up on my iPad Mini 4 from time to time. Depending on your device, it can run pretty smooth or pretty janky (iPad is fine, iPhone was rough). Of course, it's not going to play as well as the console or PC (especially with no controller or KB&M option), but it more than gets the job done. Also, it's a big battery drain. Bring a charger if you're playing on the go!

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

I played the Android version and I assume that the iOS version is just about the same, if not better. The Android version is a shockingly decent port of the game. There's some slight compromises made, but almost all of the game is there. Being able to play it on the go is really nice, despite the battery drain and somewhat long load times (especially for a phone/tablet game).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.