Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xenoblade Chronicles

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jun 10, 2010

An RPG developed by Monolith Soft, for Wii and New Nintendo 3DS. Two great civilizations that live on the vast bodies of slain deities have been at war for aeons, and now with the development of a dangerous superweapon, things are finally coming to a head.

Xenoblade on the Wii U

Keyoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi,

Rather new to the Wii U, and Nintendo. I have a copy of Xenoblade, and I want to get it to work on the Wii U. But, I can't. I'm under the impression that I need a different controller. If so, which one(s), and if it's the classic controller, do it just plug into the Wii U?

Thanks. A little lost on this one. :)

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By evanbower

@keyoke: So first off, incase you aren't there already, you need to put your Wii U into "Wii Mode," an option you'll see on the main Wii U menu. You can't play the game with the Wii U gamepad (that goes for all original Wii Games.) You can play it with a Wii Remote and Nunchuk, or a Classic Controller which plugs into the Wii Remote. Both work fine, but I'd recommend the Classic Controller if you've got one.

Keyoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evanbower: Thanks. I'm under the impression that I need the Wii Classic Controller Pro, and the Wii Remote. I put a link on the wii Remote that I need to get? I also have The Last Story on it's way, so, I want to get set up so I can lose myself into some JRPG's. :) Thanks again for your help.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/nintendo-wii-nintendo-wii-u-remote-plus-black-nintendo/10227199.aspx?path=abbaac20c9f222f80fae98c08baffd5ben02

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 2

@keyoke: That's the right Wii Remote. Get that and a Classic Controller Pro and you should be all set. If you plan on playing any other Wii games I'd suggest also getting a nunchuk since not all Wii games support the Classic Controller.

Keyoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks so much Plasma, and Evan. I will grab that stuff ASAP. I've wanted to play Xenoblade for sometime. So few JRPG's out there, and I just recently became a fan of them.

Thanks again!

rpwll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rpwll

@keyoke: Also make sure you get a sensor bar if you got the Wii U Basic pack since that doesn't include one. You'll need it to navigate the Wii menus at least.

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpwll said:

@keyoke: Also make sure you get a sensor bar if you got the Wii U Basic pack since that doesn't include one. You'll need it to navigate the Wii menus at least.

Just to clarify, the Wii U basic absolutely does come with a sensor bar.

Keyoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have the Wii U deluxe, so, it's all good. :)

Looking forward to playing this game. Assuming it's good? :) Any other JRPG's that are recommended?

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

It's nice to see some conversation about the Wii U on here. I'm really enjoying mine, but most on these forums have their feet planted in the ground against it. I really love the "living room" functionality of the Gamepad, having a second screen is very convenient when others are occupying the television.

rpwll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By rpwll

@evanbower: The US is the only region which includes a sensor bar in its basic set. Check out the list of SKUs on the Wii U page to see for yourself. In Japan they don't even include a sensor bar in the premium set.

bishna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am an American, therefore I stopped reading at

@rpwll said:

@evanbower: The US is the only region...

I must say I agree.

Also, have fun with Xenoblade OP, its really, really good.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

@keyoke said:

I have the Wii U deluxe, so, it's all good. :)

Looking forward to playing this game. Assuming it's good? :) Any other JRPG's that are recommended?

For Wii? Some people liked The Last Story and Fragile Dreams, but I didn't care for either of those. There's also a Fire Emblem, Muramasa, and Sakura Wars.

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpwll said:

@evanbower: The US is the only region which includes a sensor bar in its basic set. Check out the list of SKUs on the Wii U page to see for yourself. In Japan they don't even include a sensor bar in the premium set.

Not sure why you'd assume the OP is not North American.

Keyoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't really matter if it's a Wii game. I have a few on my radar at the moment. Ni No Kuni, Folklore, and Valkyria Chronicles. All for the PS3 oddly enough. And, while not alot of folks seem to like, but, I did enjoy FF XIII immensely. It was the game that kind of opened my eyes to JRPG's.

Keyoke

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.