Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Yakuza 0

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 12, 2015

A prequel to the original Yakuza set in 1988, featuring a young Kazuma Kiryu and Goro Majima as dual playable protagonists.

Call Dating

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

No Caption Provided

Wow, the game really trolls you on the Telephone Club mini-game! Which is actually rather funny when you get back from a date in worse shape than fighting Daisaku Kuze.

I avoided the Telephone Club dating mini-game, because I was not really good at it. However, now I am trying to complete as much of the game as I can Yet, the I hope the way the game keeps setting you back when you succeed in scoring a "meet-up" does not last long.

elyk247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 25

I thought you were gonna say it trolls you by having 6-7 sub-stories tied to it. It probably took 4-5 hours plus the help of the a guide to be able to distinguish between certain voices. Maybe it's a cultural thing and my untrained American ear was the problem, but I struggled waaaay too much with trying to discern if the voice I was hearing was a new voice or not.

This was my first Yakuza game ever and sub-stories were my favorite part of the game, but as amazing as the Call Dating ones are, they can really try your patience.

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By odinsmana

@elyk247 said:

I thought you were gonna say it trolls you by having 6-7 sub-stories tied to it. It probably took 4-5 hours plus the help of the a guide to be able to distinguish between certain voices. Maybe it's a cultural thing and my untrained American ear was the problem, but I struggled waaaay too much with trying to discern if the voice I was hearing was a new voice or not.

This was my first Yakuza game ever and sub-stories were my favorite part of the game, but as amazing as the Call Dating ones are, they can really try your patience.

I am totally with you. The calling minigame was fun (and new which is nice), but trying to do all the substories was kinda miserable. I really wish they didn`t do any repeats until you had met every woman once.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Having to learn their names only at the very end is what's frustrating since there are only nine ladies in rotation and you could get the same person if you don't know what to spot. Apparently there's a few clues, for example the actual substory ones have a very fast QTE while the fake/troll ones do not. Also you can tell by the colour of the bikini. If you've previously completed a substory with a blue bikini girl then you can hang up on subsequent blue bikini ladies. I've also been doing the telephone club substories last night so it's still fresh on my mind.

MeAuntieNora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By MeAuntieNora

Thanks to this damn minigame, these are the only substories I won't finish. It's just too frustrating and I've wasted so much time already just trying to hear voices I haven't heard yet.

I do agree that the joke of getting hurt by the person being... unexpected, is kind of funny.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These substories are all bad and I did all of them because I'm a broken person who has to check boxes.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell said:

These sub-stories are all bad and I did all of them because I'm a broken person who has to check boxes.

Yup, that about sizes up the situation. When 99% of the boxes are checked those few other boxes nag at you.

@probablytuna Thanks for the bikini color advice, that is a good tip for when to hang up. I just started so all the tips of what to look, listen for are helpful.

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell said:

These sub-stories are all bad and I did all of them because I'm a broken person who has to check boxes.

Yup, that about sizes up the situation. When 99% of the boxes are checked those few other boxes nag at you.

@probablytuna Thanks for the bikini color advice, that is a good tip for when to hang up. I just started so all the tips of what to look, listen for are helpful.

KHHsubs was a real lifesaver for me on this one. If you want to do all the substories I would check it out. It tells you what girls you can ignore and how to find out which girl you are talking to.

http://www.khhsubs.com/rggzero/chatline.html

Go to the chapter 5 substories on this page and look at 31-45 (there are only seven) if you want to see which girl is connected to which sub story (the titles on the page are fan translated from Japanese so they are not the exact same, but I remember them being similar and their placement in the sub story menu on the pause screen are the same.

http://www.khhsubs.com/rggzero/substories.html

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey! I was super successful with my last date and hanging up until I saw the correct color swim-suits to fill-in my missing ladies.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.