Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Yakuza 5

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Dec 06, 2012

The fifth entry in the Ryu ga Gotoku/Yakuza series, overhauled in terms of style and game mechanics.

Yakuza 5 Physical Edition

Avatar image for synthesis_landale
    synthesis_landale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By synthesis_landale

There's a Petition to get a physical edition of Yakuza 5. It's not 'release it physical or we'll boycott the game' or anything like that. We just want Sega/Sony to know that there are those of us who would prefer a physical edition and would pay for such.

Considering VBlank and Fangamer were able to make a profit by printing 2000 copies of Retro City Rampage DX PS4 on a disc for 25 dollars, I don't see why Sega or Sony (whoever is supposed to be publishing the game) couldn't profit by accommodating this request if there were enough of us.

They could print it like Namco did with the Ni No Kuni Special Edition where they only made enough for those who preordered and would only make the physical edition if they got enough preorders.

Anyways, if you are a duder who is interested, please sign the petition.

https://www.change.org/p/sega-yakuza-5-physical-release-please

abdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

Signed, I hope this works. I wish I did order one of those RCR disks, would've been great to have.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Nah, I'm good. I'd rather have it digitally, unless it came with a sick Kiryu statue...

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I would pre-order a physical release of Yakuza 5 for PS3 (and Yakuza: Ishin for PS4, for that matter), but I do not sign internet petitions.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I've kind of been waiting for petitions like this to pop up. I wonder if folks like you who prefer physical copies would be willing to pay extra for them, and if so how much? I think that the sales of vinyl records is a pretty fair analogy, where people often have to pay 50 - 100 % more for their music than if they were to buy digital.

So would you guys pay around 100 dollars for a limited-run physical copy?

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
    deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I just want to play the game. Online petitions are like farting in the wind. Anyone can do it, and it doesn't necessarily mean it'll make an impact.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isomeri: I have imported games from the UK that only released in physical form in the EU that have cost me 39.95-49.95 British Pounds, so yes I have paid upwards of a hundred bucks or more for games just to have them in physical form. It has to be something I really want, but if the option is there, I do consider putting my money where my mouth is. Is Yakuza 5 enough to warrant a $100 purchase? I dunno. Maybe. Sure, why not.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

I would have undoubtedly preferred a physical release, but I feel like we should just be grateful it's coming out at all. Trying to get a physical release seems like we're just pushing our luck :P

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Sure why not, I can imagine Sega doing this and selling them on their website sorta like what Nintendo did with Xenoblade.

Loading Video...

PrivodOtmenit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would pre-order a physical release of Yakuza 5 for PS3 (and Yakuza: Ishin for PS4, for that matter), but I do not sign internet petitions.

I have them both since I played the Japanese versions. Both awesome games.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@privodotmenit: Awesome. Hopefully Sega can work something out to offer some sort of physical release and still make money on it. I'm not going to hold my breath, but it would be nice.

PrivodOtmenit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@privodotmenit: Awesome. Hopefully Sega can work something out to offer some sort of physical release and still make money on it. I'm not going to hold my breath, but it would be nice.

You could probably find the Japanese versions for quite cheap (maybe not Ishin, I paid over $70 for it on PS4) if you really want a physical version for the shelf, Yakuza 5 is really cheap in Japan now but I'm not sure about importing.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@privodotmenit: Is it subtitled? I have never been a fan of playing imported Japanese games where I cannot understand any of the story or dialog.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I agree that we should almost be happy its coming over here at all.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@sammo21 said:

I agree that we should almost be happy its coming over here at all.

you know, im still gonna sign the petition, but yea, im happy for at least that.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Corevi
    @whitegreyblack said:

@privodotmenit: Is it subtitled? I have never been a fan of playing imported Japanese games where I cannot understand any of the story or dialog.

The Japanese releases are not subtitled in English.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
    deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whitegreyblack said:

You could probably find the Japanese versions for quite cheap (maybe not Ishin, I paid over $70 for it on PS4) if you really want a physical version for the shelf, Yakuza 5 is really cheap in Japan now but I'm not sure about importing.

$30 on amazon last I checked.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.