Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Yakuza 6: The Song of Life

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Dec 08, 2016

The sixth chapter in the Yakuza series follows Kazuma Kiryu as he tries to unravel the events that lead to Haruka's hospitalization and the parentage of the infant child she has with her.

Oh, I guess this came out in the US region today...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

And it seems like more Yakuza, which seems to be pretty good. Having only played Zero and Kiwami, I have a decent understanding of the plot having marathoned the first 5-6 hours so far. I'm not sure I'm into the focus solely on Kiryu. As controversial as it sounds, I kinda already got my fill of his tough guy with a heart of gold schitck from the two games I played. I understand this is the end of his saga and this is a nitpick, but yeah. Also, this is more Yakuza; you can expect a lot of cutscenes and drama interspersed with comic and misogynistic side quests and activities. As much as I love these games, I kinda wish they did more with the formula. The first side story just seemed...off... and focused too much on juvenile humor for my tastes. Also, you have to devote a long gaming session to them in order to get the most out of it (at least in the beginning).

But I plan to play through this like I did with Zero and Kiwami.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

I forgot to add that base PS4 seems to perform and look worse than Yakuza 0 and Kiwami did. There's really bad aliasing and screen tearing, performance can chug too. I have no idea how Pro handles it, but I'd recon that would be the version to get.

To talk about that sub-story (spoilers, minor): You talk to a guy who's girlfriend is upset that he's been watching women strip in online chatrooms. He takes Kiryu to one and hijinks ensue because he's not tech savvy (being old and away from technology in jail and running an orphanage and such) and there doesn't seem to be a big payoff. So unless I meet this guy later on and there's a payoff beyond 'online stripping is fun', then I'm not a big fan. Maybe I'm getting old.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.