Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 16, 2012

The Nonary Game continues in this sequel to Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors under the localized title of Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward.

999 Sequel Trailer Translated

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By Pepsiman

So a trailer came out yesterday for Kyokugen Dasshutsu ADV: Zennin Shibou Desu, which, in layman's terms, is (probably?) the 3DS and Vita sequel to the pretty well-loved and surprisingly well-selling DS adventure game, 999. Beings as I'm always out looking for stuff to translate and was quite fond of the original game, I thought I would quickly whip up some English subs and upload them to YouTube so non-Japanese speakers can get a taste of what this new game is all about. I've put that right underneath this paragraph.

There are some notes about the translation process in the description field on the YouTube page, but three major things to point out about my writing for this one:

• I didn't use the English title that's been floating around for the game because it's still unofficial and I prefer to use official titles when possible. Since there isn't an English one aside from what Siliconera provided, I erred on the side of caution and didn't use the long-winded Extreme Escape Adventure: Good People Die in the subtitles, although I am fond of that second half of the title.
    • There are a few terms that are extremely vague and lacking context in the video. I tried my best to go with wording that I was most comfortable with, but it's likely that until either more information comes out or the game itself is released, that ambiguity will linger for a while. As such, don't consider any of the terminology I use to be official.
    • There are also a few scientific terms strewn around in the video during the "text mob" scenes. I did research them all to ensure there was consistency with what the concepts are officially called in English, but there are some that seem to be invented specifically for the game. Again, if it doesn't sound like something you've heard in a science class, don't assume I gave it a proper name, since one might not exist until the game is localized.

Beyond that, I hope you enjoy dissecting the video. It looks like the game will be strewn with science and philosophy a plenty again and there's even a line that makes it seem like the plot could go even further in the paradox department than 999. We'll just have to wait and see, I suppose.

(Edit: Noticed what's in retrospect a pretty dumb translation error on my part. A new version of the video has been uploaded and inserted into the post.)

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By recroulette

Did not even know this game existed until now. Looks like you put a lot of work into this, thanks a lot.

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By yoshimitz707

Wow, 999 is getting a sequel? Consider me excited!

ShadowVirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By ShadowVirus

Yeah, this is the first I've heard of this, so far looks pretty similar to 999. 
    This just means I'm going to have to get a 3DS now.

Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Gerhabio

Cool, still have to make some time to play the original.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.