Game Breaking Bug

#1 Posted by JazzyJeff (399 posts) -

Made a video for it here.

Basically, after scanning the CCTV Junction Box in the supermarket, the player is attacked by zombies after going outside. If the player dies before reaching the safe house, they'll respawn and the game will want them to go back inside the supermarket. When the player does this, the mission indicator directs them outside, then back inside, etc. The player is unable to progress past this point.

It's a bit disappointing. I wasn't expecting this from one of the major Wii U launch games.

#2 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@JazzyJeff said:

Made a video for it here.

Basically, after scanning the CCTV Junction Box in the supermarket, the player is attacked by zombies after going outside. If the player dies before reaching the safe house, they'll respawn and the game will want them to go back inside the supermarket. When the player does this, the mission indicator directs them outside, then back inside, etc. The player is unable to progress past this point.

It's a bit disappointing. I wasn't expecting this from one of the major Wii U launch games.

This is still super early in the game. Not even an hour into it. So its not really that much of a loss. Also the prepper more or less yells at you to just run once you get outside. 
#3 Posted by benjo_t (138 posts) -

@JazzyJeff said:

Undeniably disappointing, but launch titles - particularly due to new hardware - usually have their quirks.

#4 Posted by Eldave0 (29 posts) -

Strange, I too died at this part but when I respawned at the safehouse I just needed to approach the monitors in order to continue. Perhaps it has been patched as I noticed I had to download an update before I started the game?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.