Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alan Wake

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released May 14, 2010

When famous novelist Alan Wake goes on vacation with his wife Alice, he has no idea that the idyllic town of Bright Falls will soon be the site of a terrible battle between light and dark that could threaten everything, even Wake's own sanity.

Alan Wake - Do the papers reappear on subsequent playthroughs?

Ulong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ulong

I was thinking of picking the game up an playing it again, as I really loved it when I rented it.
    One of my favourite parts were the torn sheet from "departure" that you could find lying around the world. I know they're saved to my menu screen somewhere, but I kind of like finding them at the appropriate times as the story went on. If I replay the game, will all the sheets i've allready collected still be in the game world to be "found" again? Or should I delete my old file completly before I start over?

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By htr10

i'm pretty sure all of the manuscript pages will be lying around, whether you found them previously or not.  the thermoses you previously found will be gone.
    easthill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By easthill

Yes. Some pages are exclusive to Nightmare though, so if you haven't tried that - do it.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By xyzygy

If I remember correctly they're not there when you go through it again, but you can easily fix that by deleting a saved game. However, did you know that when playing the game on Hard and Nightmare there are rare pages that only show up in those difficulties? They're actually the more interesting ones.

Ulong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ulong

Thanks for the responses guys.
    So it turns out, papers do reappear, but as far as I can tell there's no way to tell what paper you actually just picked up, so there's no way to read them along with the game as you get them, unless you're 100 percent sure you're getting every single page.
    No problem I figured, I'll just delete my safe file. So I deleted my save file completely from my hard drive, and the game STILL somehow has all my things like manuscripts, remembered. No file to continue, but other then that all my data is still there.
    Is there any way to completely wipe Alan wake from my hard drive?

edit: I think I'm going to make a general thread with this question, since potentially someone whose never played Alan Wake could still know the answer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.