Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alan Wake

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released May 14, 2010

When famous novelist Alan Wake goes on vacation with his wife Alice, he has no idea that the idyllic town of Bright Falls will soon be the site of a terrible battle between light and dark that could threaten everything, even Wake's own sanity.

Possible massive Alan Wake spoiler on Xbox Marketplace!!!

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Jeust

Well i was curious to see if there were anything up on Marketplace for Alan Wake, and i saw a theme for it. The name is 

If this is really part of the plot of the game, it is a great way to spoil the game after so much care into keeping the plot under wraps.  

I hope it's only a reference to Remedy's nordic origins... if it isn't it ain't pretty! 

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_A_Drain

I am not even gonna look o_o  

But thanks for telling me to steer clear of the marketplace tab for Alan Wake just incase it is a spoiler.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By OllyOxenFree

I believe it's a fictional band in the game where there do some songs that are heard in the game.  It's not a spoiler IMO.  You can listen to the songs in YouTube.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By shirogane

Er, really? Just from that name i'm not getting anything. Though i havn't played any of the game yet, and i don't know all that much about it.
    faustyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By faustyn

just a name of a fictional band in the game. you don't have to worry about that ruining your experience :)

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By RichardLOlson

Just a fictional band in the game.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jeust

hummm weird though... considering that its name is in a theme with no direct relationship to them. Thanks for clarifying guys!

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_A_Drain

Having finished the game now I can confirm, it's not a spoiler at all. Not in the very least. Phew! :D After having Bioshock's twist ruined for me literally 5 mins before I started playing it on release day, was not eager for that to happen again :P

Emiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Emiel

How is that a spoiler?

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @The_A_Drain said:
    " Having finished the game now I can confirm, it's not a spoiler at all. Not in the very least. Phew! :D After having Bioshock's twist ruined for me literally 5 mins before I started playing it on release day, was not eager for that to happen again :P "
    I've had MGS4, Killzone 2, Gears of War 2, Modern Warfare 2, and other games spoiled for me, but thank God BioShock was never spoiled for me. That would have just been devastating.
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jeust
    @Emiel said:
    " How is that a spoiler? "
    it isn't... but could have been if the plot surrounded nordic gods. 
    Avatar image for somethingclever
    SomethingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By SomethingClever

I didn't think that was spoiler-ish and I'm glad it isn't.  

However, I've never really understood spoilers.  Maybe I'm in the minority but telling me big plot twists or important details (for instance the murderer in a mystery crime drama) doesn't bother me.  I enjoy the experience of learning these things, experiencing the story as the movie/book/game/show/whatever intends me to experience it.  You can tell me that the main character gets shot and dies at the end of something.  Big deal.  Doesn't mean anything to me.  I don't have anything invested in that character.  While watching/reading/playing that story I stay in the moment, I don't worry about the fact that I know that dude is going to die.   

Hell I'll even forget sometimes.  Take Carlito's Way for instance.  It starts with Al Pacino being shot down but I basically forget that as I am watching the movie until that scene comes back around.  At the start I don't care.  Oh, Al Pacino has been shot.  Whatever.  By the time we get back to that scene I care about Carlito and now it has meaning. 

In short, I am able to block out all my knowledge of the story and just let the story unfold around me.  I'm in fact often drawn to things because of these 'spoilers'.  Someone will say "man I don't want to spoil it but it's awesome" and I'll tell them that telling me the awesome thing will only make me more interested in that thing, not less.   People seem to think I'm crazy for that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.