Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alice: Madness Returns

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 14, 2011

Alice is back, and so is her fragile grasp on reality. She must journey through both Victorian London and the dark world of Wonderland to retain her sanity and find out the truth behind her family's deaths, in this long-awaited sequel to American McGee's Alice.

Anyone get Alice DLC?

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By uniform

I noticed there's a DLC pack of "weapons of madness" and "Dresses" for Alice. I'm just curious to see if anyone purchased the pack and feel it added anything to the game. I have read there's some interesting perks with the dresses, but that's the extent of my knowledge on this.

DrMcKittrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By DrMcKittrick

I did but I'm still very early in the game. Just $2.

Jocund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jocund

I bought them as well, I'm still early on in the game and the dresses and weapons have perks that seem to be pretty balance breaking for a first playththrough, but could come in handy for a Nightmare difficulty run.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By JazGalaxy

I had NO idea this game was out... 

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Vexxan

About to order this game and didn't even know it had DLC...how nice! :)

Avatar image for deactivated-61f341f558336
    deactivated-61f341f558336

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I'm going to go in raw and play the game the way it was meant to be played. The DLC is a sham :(

LollerskateDJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LollerskateDJ

I got the DLC but.....I feel like I am cheating because I can wear any dress, especially the Flesh/Meat Dress that gives you Hysteria at any time and be like LOL FUCK YOU ENEMY. I really like the Chesspiece one though.

RAGEosaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RAGEosaurus

This looks like a steal at only 160 points. When you compare them to something like the Dead Space outfits, which are really poor for the price they are, they all look unique with noticable effects.
    uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By uniform
    @RAGEosaurus

Thanks for this video. The dresses look a lot more creative than what I was expecting (variations of default dress), and the effects of each are interesting. I'm sold on the dresses, and I suppose I'll see first hand what the weapons are/do.
    Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
    maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By maskedarcstrike
    @uniform: I went ahead and bought the dlc pack, basically it changes the weapons you have into different forms, the vorpal blade becomes the vorpal cleaver and the peppercorn grinder becomes this squid like looking gun.  I haven't gotten any of the other weapons yet but for the ones I have they look pretty cool.  It's totally worth the 160 points.
    uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By uniform
    @maskedarcstrike

Again, impressive. I was expecting more powerful variations of Alice's weapons, so it's nice to know they took the time to work on the aesthetics of the weapons, like the dresses. Thank you for the information.
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By musubi

Nice, I think I'll buy this.   I dont' want to completly ruin my experience however so I'll wait for  subsequent playthroughs when i go to mop up achievements.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By kerse

hysteria at any time? wtf, thats definitely cheating

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
    maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By maskedarcstrike
    @kerse: You forgot taking half damage from enemies with the vorpal cleaver =p
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15  Edited By CenturionCajun

These definitely seem like something that is meant to be used on playthroughs at higher difficulty. I'll avoid using them my first time through but at only a couple of dollars a piece I'll pick them up. Good on Spicy Horse for making quality DLC at a reasonable price.

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Teoball

I don't think this is out in europe yet. Nothing happens when you choose downloadable content. Not when I search live either.

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By vortextk

You can even use the dress from each chapter in the story you want later, as your only dress. You have to beat that chapter first. The story dresses are more than palette swaps, they're much more similar to the classic dress rather than being outlandish wonderland critters. Most of the dlc is pretty broken balance wise and I'm not touching my first go around however...well, you can play with the cheshire cat dress and you get 0 rose drops(health) from enemies. You'll only get health back from breakables and flowers I guess.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Yanngc33

@uniform said:

I noticed there's a DLC pack of "weapons of madness" and "Dresses" for Alice. I'm just curious to see if anyone purchased the pack and feel it added anything to the game. I have read there's some interesting perks with the dresses, but that's the extent of my knowledge on this.

They're kind of like cheat codes and I recommend getting them if you intend on running through the game on its hardest difficulty

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19  Edited By granderojo

I'm not going to post the process here, but the DLC outfits are on the disc.

If you tool around with the folder a bit you can unlock the DLC for yourself.

Again, just passing the information along.

Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Edwardryu

so this DLC is only for console kiddy? again, they will abandon PC gamers again just like dead space 2. so sad. but I will ditch them out from ini files. I assume that they are already in the game.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By beforet

@Edwardryu said:

so this DLC is only for console kiddy? again, they will abandon PC gamers again just like dead space 2. so sad. but I will ditch them out from ini files. I assume that they are already in the game.

Console kiddy? Really? The DLC was available on Origin for a few days as part of a package deal with the full game. Don't know when they'll offer it separate.

Oginam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Oginam

@xombi242 said:

I think I'm going to go in raw and play the game the way it was meant to be played. The DLC is a sham :(

Can't use any of it until you've cleared a level once anyway. So you're first play through has to be "pure". Good on Spicy Horse for such a small distinction, guess someone there played Dead Space 2 and knows how much BS those weapon packs are.

Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Edwardryu
    @Beforet: well, if its sound was offense, I am sorry. but I hate console box. anyway, I found it how to enable. now I am in very first part of chapter 4. so far I have two more dresses along with those dresses. by the way, it's only for dress. (original alice game you can't get even though it is shown on menu). so it's only exclusive or just go to bestbuy, buy $5 for it. but I don't want it. alice madness returns is just enough. the game is fun. 3D + 2D game play together which is little strange on my eyes. but it's fine. cutscenes & art style are appealing enough.  graphic is very fantasy feeling which I love. I think that it's one of kind unique games in the market. I have always tried to find some different games. it is one of my collection along assassin's creed series, dead space series, hunted demon's forge, bioshock series, mass effect series,  portal 1,2 and so on. 
    jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By jimbo_n

Wait what? Hysteria at any time? with no cooldown whatsoever? That kinda breaks everything. That essentially means Godmode at all times then if there isn't even a cooldown. Will look into this DLC for sure if i decide to play through the game again then. With that it dosent really matter at all wich difficulty you are playing on.

Personally I like the very slow, anti-button mashing, patternbased combat that isn't hard as long as you dont get overeager and read all the enemy patterns and that becomes super punishing if you don't and try to mash your way through. Kinda reminds me of Demons Souls in a way. Taking all that away and replacing it with "Press LS and mash on X" seems like destroying something good.

Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Edwardryu

I just finished it two days ago. it took me 19 hours (including watching entire credit goes). now, I have 12 different dresses including DLC. once you beat the game. your entire dresses will be upgraded as well. for example, classic dress will gain health when you shrink. teaparty dress gives you more roses, teeth when you kill enemies.  

by the way, does anybody try 'nightmare' difficulty? I will try it later though.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By Yanngc33

I got them, they help you cheat your way through the game

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By Vexxan

So the DLC ain't out in europe yet? Nothing happens when I try to enter "Downloadable Content".

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#28  Edited By fox01313

Yes though aside from some of the weapons I ignored the dresses until finishing the game, most of the weapons are slight tweaks but useful. So far with the dresses the chess piece (damage increase) & the catapillar dress (shrink sense alway active) seem the best for playing through again for the assorted collectibles.

lusence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lusence

i just downloaded it... now... WTF... how do i actually get them in game? i loaded up my game and same ole' weapons and not seeing any choices otherwise?

ah nm ic there is an X button option at the start tp 'equip' missed that...

alicemadness26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By alicemadness26

hello everyone, m from japan , im an avid fan and a gamer of alice madness, i just want to ask if where can i buy a DLC pack for dresses of Alice? i misplaced my redeem code thank you, oh btw, i already completed the game and loved to see the dresses huhuhu.looking forward for the replies mwah (#^.^#)

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Axersia
    @alicemadness26: Depends on which version you bought I guess, but since you uploaded a picture of the US PS3 release to your profile, I'm just gonna assume that's the one you own. If so, the redeem code you lost was actually meant for a download of the original American McGee's Alice -- not the Weapons of Madness and Dresses Pack. You have to buy that seperately for 2 dollars on the US PSN store or 200 yen on the JPN store, but I doubt the Japanese DLC is compatible with the US version of the game.

If you really want it, you're gonna have to register a US PSN account and buy a 10-dollar (lowest possible value) prepaid card on eBay. Either that or hope that a good samaritan is willing to share their account with you. I'd help you out but I own the European version so that probably won't do much good.
    alicemadness26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By alicemadness26

thank you very much ...meaning, i can download the redeem code for alice dress pack but i need to use a PS3 u.s.?is that it? oh so sad,,,im here in japan so, my console is not in US (#^.^#)

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By Morrow

I got them as well. They feel a little like cheats though, as they make your way through the game a lot easier.

I'm glad I got back into this just a few days ago. I was a little disappointed when it came out but now I enjoy it :]

Jayesslee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jayesslee

If you have the PC version, there's a fix for the DLC on the American McGee forums.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.