Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alpha Protocol

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released May 27, 2010

Control rogue agent Michael Thorton as he tries to unearth an international conspiracy in the near future (where everybody seems to have a hidden agenda or two) in this third-person action RPG.

Qualifies as being spotted?

DizzyMedal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DizzyMedal

So I got through the tutorial (having bought the game with Jeff's advice that the shooting is bad, therefore I won't do any) and was enjoying sneaking around strangling dudes to death on some airfield I'm supposed to bug, but at the end of it, my handler says I was spotted and Mikey says he should be more careful next time. So, what is spotted? I wasn't aware I had been. No one shot at me, no sirens, noone speaking as if they'd seen me. The closest I can think is I used a dead body as an incentive for the dude to run through the doorway I was hiding next to and punch him in the throat for the one hit kill. Would that be 'spotted'? If I redo the level is there different dialogue after saying I wasn't seen?

newhaap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By newhaap

I think the game considers alerting the enemy the same as being spotted (i.e. if you have the awareness ability turned on, the markers above their heads will be red)

DizzyMedal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By DizzyMedal
    @newhaap:
    Hmm, not sure that happened, though I do know I got yellows a couple of times. Well, I'll finish the game and reload a save at some point to see if I can do better.
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Jimbo

I'm pretty confident that only sounding an alarm counts as being spotted  (people actually remark on it quite often if you manage to get through a level without triggering an alarm).  

But also keep in mind that the game is kinda broken like that, so you could very easily act a certain way in a mission, only to have it decide that you acted a different way.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.