Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God of War III

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

God of War III puts players back in the role of Kratos to continue his brutal and bloody war against Olympus as he sets his sights on Zeus himself.

David Jaffe's God of War III

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By AuthenticM

A GTTV Extended Cuts interview with David Jaffe is up on GameTrailers. In the last 5 minutes of the video, he explains in pretty rich details what was his vision of God of War 3. To sum it up, all of the Gods of every ancient religions would have been tricked by Kratos into fighting each other. Egyptian, Norse, Greek, name 'em. The manner inwhich Kratos kills them is by making mankind forget about the Gods that have abandonned them. The final shot of the game would have been the three wisemen looking up to the stars, symbolising the birth of modern religions.

Check it out here:  http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sdcc-10-gttv-extended/702453

It's fucking crazy. Who the fuck passed on such a badass scenario? Moreover, who dumped it in favor of what we got? Somebody somewhere at Sony needs to get fired.

MeatXbeatsXman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By MeatXbeatsXman

Man, that does sound pretty awesome actually. I imagined a more comedic ending: Kratos, having just brutally slain Zeus, begins to start thinking clearly once again as the blood trickles from his brow. Then, looking to the north he roars, "Odiiiiiiiiiin!!!" 
    (The camera jettisons across the landscape of ancient Europe to the far north, with Odin sitting on his throne. The proclamtation falls upon his ears, he drops his flagon of mead to the stone floor, stands flabbergasted. 
    "Aaaah fuck, what?! What do you want now?!" 
    END

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By Hailinel
    @AuthenticM said:
    " A GTTV Extended Cuts interview with David Jaffe is up on GameTrailers. In the last 5 minutes of the video, he explains in pretty rich details what was his vision of God of War 3. To sum it up, all of the Gods of every ancient religions would have been tricked by Kratos into fighting each other. Egyptian, Norse, Greek, name 'em. The manner inwhich Kratos kills them is by making mankind forget about the Gods that have abandonned them. The final shot of the game would have been the three wisemen looking up to the stars, symbolising the birth of modern religions.

Check it out here:  http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sdcc-10-gttv-extended/702453  It's fucking crazy. Who the fuck passed on such a badass scenario? Moreover, who dumped it in favor of what we got? Somebody somewhere at Sony needs to get fired. "
    That ending concept absolutely disgusts me.  "WE KILL OFF THE OLD GODS AND BRING YOU CHRISTIANITY."

It's like the end of fucking Dragonslayer.

Fuck you, Kratos.  Fuck you.
    AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AuthenticM
    @MeatXbeatsXman: You know, if you take out the comedy of what you said, it would have set up a second trilogy of GoW games pretty awesomely.

Kratos: Looking at the far north -- ODIN!!! I'm coming for you!!!

(The camera jettisons across the lands of Ancient Europe, further up into the skies, into the paradise that is Asgard. Valhalla comes into view; its doors flung open, reveiling at the far back a tall, strong, beardly figure holding a wooden staff.)

Odin: Gazing intensely, lighting in his eyes.

(Flash of light as thunder is heard. Credits roll.)
    Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Vonocourt

I'm pretty sure they had foreshadowing for that ending near the end of GoWII, guess Cory Barlog leaving really ended up changing the story. Considering how crappy the ending of III was, for the worse.

Ramyun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Ramyun

Man I just saw Jaffe talking about his ending to GOW III and totally excited and disappointed at the same time. I mean in the first two games, I didn't really had too much of a problem with Kratos and just saw him as getting rid of dudes in his way in a very anti hero kind of way. But in the third one he was just a total jerk, killing absolutely EVERYONE and just screwing them over. Ending was even worse going all 'deep' and cheesy. Uggghhh. As soon as Jaffe was talking about how the Sphinx became a statue, I just went nuts. I was even thinking how he was going to go slice off its nose!

Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Bionicicide

Very entertaining interview. Ancient Egypt would of fit nicely within God of War.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AuthenticM
    @Hailinel: Or like Battlestar Galactica.

But I don't think that's what Jaffe intended to do. I'm sure he's not a christian fanatic. He's not Ronald D. Moore.
    RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By RobotHamster

I hope they get around to making this work, it would be incredible.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.