Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Need a 2 player game to play with the wife

lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By lazyturtle

Hey all

I'm looking for something LIKE Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance for the 360 to play with the wife. Any suggestions? It can't be scary.

Thanks

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Levius

Sacred 2 is supposed to be like Dark Alliance, but I have never played it.

bigdaddy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By bigdaddy81

Lord of the Rings: War in the North. I think it's closer to what you're looking for than Sacred 2, which is more like Diablo than Dark Alliance.

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By triple07

What about Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2? Never played Dark Alliance myself but they seem pretty comparable.

NinjaBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NinjaBerd

@AmatureIdiot said:

Sacred 2 is supposed to be like Dark Alliance, but I have never played it.

Played it with my girlfriend for a few hours... DO NOT buy that game, it broken and not fun. IMO.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By pweidman

War in the North is very good. Hunted: Demon's Forge is ok, as is Dungeon Seige 3. Dungeon Defenders on XBLA might do the trick too. Very popular actually and very accessible I've read.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Canteu

Dungeon Siege 3 would suit you just fine.

lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By lazyturtle

Thanks guy! I've had my eye on Dungeon Defenders and Dungeon Siege for a bit...maybe I'll download some demos.

LOTR..maybe. I've played that before, but for whatever reason it didn't strike me as something she'd like. Maybe I'm wrong though..hard to say.

Syphous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Syphous

I was in the same boat as you (only girlfriend instead of wife) and I ended up getting Dungeon Siege 3. Unfortunately neither of us enjoyed it and there it sits on my shelf, collecting dust.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By dagas

I wonder if anyone have suggestions for a good game to play with a girlfriend who is not used to playing video games. Apart from playing Tetris and Majong she has not played any video games.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
    ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

@dagas said:

I wonder if anyone have suggestions for a good game to play with a girlfriend who is not used to playing video games. Apart from playing Tetris and Majong she has not played any video games.

Portal 2 coop?

ptc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ptc

I played Dungeon Siege 3 co-op with the old ball-and-chain. Good times. Highly recommended. Also, you can probably find this one for next to nothing.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HerbieBug
    @_Chad said:

@dagas said:

Portal 2 coop?

Yep, although there will be some learning curve on that due to FPS controls.  

Something pretty straightforward and 2D is probably the easiest pick up and play for someone unfamiliar with video game controls.   Castle Crashers, Scott Pilgrim game, etc.  Maybe Splosion Man co-op.   Adventure games, while not 2 player in the sense of both people actually holding controllers, are great for multiple people because of the puzzle aspect. 
    TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By TheHT

@dagas said:

Dynasty Warriors! It'll at least help her get a feel for the controller. Also is mindless fun.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By hermes

Lara Croft, guardian of light
    Rayman
    X-men legends or Marvel ultimate alliance
    Lego games are fairly decent.
    Portal 2 is a good choice too.

sungahymn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sungahymn

@HerbieBug said:

@_Chad said:

@dagas said:

Portal 2 coop?

Yep, although there will be some learning curve on that due to FPS controls. Something pretty straightforward and 2D is probably the easiest pick up and play for someone unfamiliar with video game controls. Castle Crashers, Scott Pilgrim game, etc. Maybe Splosion Man co-op. Adventure games, while not 2 player in the sense of both people actually holding controllers, are great for multiple people because of the puzzle aspect.

In that case, Rayman Origins is a good choice.

tescovee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tescovee

@pweidman said:

War in the North is very good. Hunted: Demon's Forge is ok, as is Dungeon Seige 3. Dungeon Defenders on XBLA might do the trick too. Very popular actually and very accessible I've read.

Lotr war in the north is pretty fun, but Hunted is not very fun. Especially who ever gets stuck as the male character. First Templar is pretty fun for a janky budget game. Fable 2-3 are ok easy co-op games.

dutch42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dutch42

Rayman is a pretty good shout although it does get a little bastard-hard towards the end.

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#19  Edited By Barrabas

@dutch42 said:

Rayman is a pretty good shout although it does get a little bastard-hard towards the end.

This. I don't know how familiar his wife is with games, but Rayman Origins is a terrible choice if she normally doesn't play games at all. It's been my experience that the game will start off seeming like a fine choice but you'll eventually get to the point where someone unfamiliar with games will just die over and over again. Being perpetually stuck in a bubble is not fun. Rayman is only a good choice if she normally plays games, or grew up on NES or SNES/Genisis games and is used to platformers.

For someone who normally doesn't play games something simpler along the lines of the Lego games would probably be a better starting point. Upgrade to Rayman later.

syzygyeolith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By syzygyeolith

If she doesn't mind feeling like you're the one carrying the team, Rayman: Origins is great. It's extremely forgiving for the 'player B' since they can fly over to you in a bubble if they ever get hit, and at the same time you'll be thankful for that ability too if she is happy to hang out somewhere safe while you try and get that bastard collectable you'd never attempt on your own. That aspect of it is enough to keep my S.O. interested in it.

The lego games are pretty good too, but I'd be nodding more towards the newer ones with voice acting in them since the 'miming' in the earlier ones gets a little naff.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is really good too actually, since it's not especially hard, but it has a very heavy teamwork focus (as in you can't do anything without each other)

Comedy answer: Schizoid. I do like this game. I really do. But if you try to play with with your wife, you'll end up divorced. My girlfriend has blacklisted this one for the sake of our continued relationship.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SharkEthic

Had a lot of fun playing Portal 2 with the wife...she never used a controller to play games before, but it was still super fun!

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MegaLombax

I have really fond memories of playing Resident Evil 5. Its not really scary, more action i would say. Also, like others have said, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is also an excellent co-op game.

zrais

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By zrais

LOTR War in the North. Rayman: Origins (I keep meaning to pick this up for my wife and I too).

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#24  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Rayman Origins is a solid choice. Scott Pilgrim/Castle Crashers is good if you want an old-school style beat-em-up. Any of the Gears of War games, as they all have split-screen co-op, 2 and 3 also let you set independent difficulties for each player so you can stick yours on Easy and let her play on Hardcore. Similarly, Resident Evil 5 is good fun co-op.

rein64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By rein64

Up,Bionic comand Reamed,lego harry potter,lego pirates of caribean,lego lord of the rings!

Is good games to play coop!

StealthRaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By StealthRaptor

Terraria is coming to xbla soon. I've really been enjoying playing it on PC with my girlfriend.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jozzy

Minecraft!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.