Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed II

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

The second installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise follows the life of Ezio Auditore da Firenze as he seeks revenge on those who betrayed his family.

Sexual Content? How "Sexual" Are We Talking?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jakob187

Before you go off on your "oh, what a pervert" rampage...this is nothing like that. 

I work at a gaming center, but we're oriented in a "family friendly" manner.  Basically, we refuse to carry Grand Theft Auto, Saint's Row, and anything with nudity and/or sex.  Well, Assassin's Creed II has "sexual content" listed on the back, so we've been weary about getting it.  Regardless, we've had people asking for it in the store. 

I picked a copy up last night, as I've been really wanting to play it...and I can play it once we're closed and any sexual content won't matter.  However, I'd like to be able to play it during hours, and we will go to a certain extent (for instance, Elena pinning Drake to the ground in Uncharted 2 wouldn't be an issue, but Dragon Age or Mass Effect won't be allowed in the store). 

I've been told that Assassin's Creed II has brothels, but no nudity...although the game does have very borderlined scantily-clad women. 

Basically, all I want to know is...how far does this "sexual content" go before I decide to pop it in?  My next time to get to play any games isn't until I get off at 8pm tomorrow night, but we don't close until midnight...which we have a lock-in reserved for after that...so it would push my gaming time for Assassin's Creed II all the way until Monday.  =  / 

Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Pie

Ezio has a kiss and you see a womans bareback, it is implied......well you know but nothing is shown

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By nanikore
    Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Alphiehyr

Deceived by Ubisoft again.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Griddler
    mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mrfizzy

Hey man. well i dont have the game (yet) but as far as i know its just the fact that it contains "courtesans" (prostitutes) who you can use to distract guards, tho from what iv seen (gamespot video review i think) its all fairly tame. No nudity at all, and the women themselves arent that scantily clad. Again, i havent played it, just telling you what i think it is.  
    And just a question, if your a family friendly gaming store, why do you need to be open till midnight??? or is that sort of the done thing where your from? i have no idea if your American or European or what.   

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jakob187
    @nanikore: Sound doesn't matter, as I'll have headphones.  Then again, language on the TVs isn't a problem to us, nor is blood and gore.  Just sex.  I can't even try to explain how we're "family-friendly" but allow that stuff.  It's a difficult debate to handle.
    GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GunnBjorn
    nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nanikore
    @jakob187: It baffles me how sex is taboo while blood and gore is acceptable. It should be the other way around.
    Avatar image for the_philosopher
    The_Philosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By The_Philosopher
    @jakob187: There are a bunch of paintings you can buy that feature nude women.
    jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11  Edited By jonnyboy

Stabbing people in the throat, fine. Classic artwork featuring nudes, unacceptable. Awesome.

Skillface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Skillface

I THINK...I may be mistaken, that they censored (barbie/ken doll situation) the paintings. I dunno though, I'm playing the game in SD, that says it all.

chstupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#13  Edited By chstupid

Its pretty PG-13ish

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jakob187
    @nanikore @jonnyboy: Like I said, I'm not going to try and get into the debate of this.  It's far too complicated.
    Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Red12b
    @jakob187:  

There is nudity, Historical paintings feature full frontals of women, 
    And some puzzles require you to try and figure out the meaning behind them by rearranging them or looking for a secret code, 
    And there is blood and some of the Kill animations are quite brutal, Because of the violence I would not let my son or daughter play it if they are under 14, The sexual content however, Is historical, there is nothing wrong with sex, If they go and stand in front of a mirror BAM! there it is, I will not allow my kids to grow up prudes.  

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jeffgoldblum

Just go to the ESRB website. It explains all of their descriptors in relation to specific games.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jakob187
    @Red12b: I don't make the rules, sir.  I just enforce them.
    Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Red12b
    @jakob187 said:
    " @nanikore @jonnyboy: Like I said, I'm not going to try and get into the debate of this.  It's far too complicated. "
    Agreed, 

Although, to me at least, And I think to most people born in a European country, Sex is considered natural, While Violence is the thing that should be censored.
    harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By harris
    grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By grilledcheez

Basically not sexual at all is how sexual we are talking

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Karmum

There is some nudity on paintings, talk about sex among some of the characters, and a small sequence where a woman's bareback is shown. Nothing too horrible, but that is just my opinion.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By MetalGearSunny

A quick time sex part (you don't see anything), a boob being grab out of no where, and a mention of the word vagina. I don't think it's anything too bad.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Pie
    @harris said:
    " @jakob187: There's a site called Common Sense Media that gives detailed ratings for games on a few categories including sex. Take a look at the sex section of the page there:  http://www.commonsensemedia.org/game-reviews/assassins-creed-ii "
    I kinda liked that site until I saw the 4/5 on sex, really?
    harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By harris
    @Pie said:
    " @harris said:
    " @jakob187: There's a site called Common Sense Media that gives detailed ratings for games on a few categories including sex. Take a look at the sex section of the page there:  http://www.commonsensemedia.org/game-reviews/assassins-creed-ii "
    I kinda liked that site until I saw the 4/5 on sex, really? "
    The ratings might not be the best, but the content descriptions next to the ratings are quite useful.
    Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Red12b
    @harris:  
    Wow, that site is wicked, Cheers dude,
    Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Red12b
    @Pie:  
    Yeah, but you gotta remember mate, Europe is so much more indifferent to sex than your puritan ally's, And you have to admit, There is full frontal, even if it is a painting.
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Pie
    @Red12b said:
    " @Pie:  Yeah, but you gotta remember mate, Europe is so much more indifferent to sex than your puritan ally's, And you have to admit, There is full frontal, even if it is a painting. "
    I think England and maybe the entire U.K are nearly as uptight as my puritan ally's but the rest of Europe isnt, take France for example, everywhere you look in Paris there are nude statues and paintings depicting people nude
    Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Red12b
    @Pie said:
    " @Red12b said:
    " @Pie:  Yeah, but you gotta remember mate, Europe is so much more indifferent to sex than your puritan ally's, And you have to admit, There is full frontal, even if it is a painting. "
    I think England and maybe the entire U.K are nearly as uptight as my puritan ally's but the rest of Europe isnt, take France for example, everywhere you look in Paris there are nude statues and paintings depicting people nude "
    I am half Dutch, My dad grew up in the red light district of Amsterdam. 

So yeah, I am not a prude, At all.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jakob187
    @harris said:
    Well, that helped a TON.  Thanks for the link, didn't know about that place.  Is this mini-game a necessity, or can it be avoided? 

I think I'll give it a shot after I'm off work tomorrow, and if it gets to a point where it's something that I'm worried about, then I'll make a judgment from there.  Thanks for the help, guys.  I'll ask for a lock on this thread now.
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Pie
    @jakob187 said:
    " @harris said:
    Well, that helped a TON.  Thanks for the link, didn't know about that place.  Is this mini-game a necessity, or can it be avoided?  I think I'll give it a shot after I'm off work tomorrow, and if it gets to a point where it's something that I'm worried about, then I'll make a judgment from there.  Thanks for the help, guys.  I'll ask for a lock on this thread now. "
    It's neccesary but I think that if you miss a hit of the button the sequence ends so just do that
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jakob187

Don't get me wrong.  I'm personally not a prude.  Nudity is nothing to me, nor is violence.  Nonetheless, this IS a place of business where children are regularly located, and I can understand if a parent doesn't want their kid seeing some hardcore fucking. 

What I DON'T understand is why they have no problem with their kids shooting people.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#32  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Oh, what a pervert. And he's using some lame cover story too. Locked.

(Just kidding, Jakob asked me to lock this down).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.