Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 13, 2007

Assassin's Creed is a stealth action-adventure game developed by Ubisoft Montreal. In the year 2012, Desmond Miles is kidnapped and made to relive his ancestor's memory through a machine called the Animus. As the ancestor, Altaïr, players unveil an assassin conspiracy set in the middle ages.

How the hell did Assassin's Creed sell 9 million copies?

• 61 results
    KillaMaStA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By KillaMaStA

I dont know. I know a bunch of games that didint do as good but are still just as amazing. I actually found AC to be boring

Its crazy.
    CRAZY.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By natetodamax

I like it.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#53  Edited By breadfan

I was excited for it before it came out and then when I actually got a hold of it I was pretty disappointed.  I never even finished it because I got incredibly bored with the same mission structure over and over

The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By The_Ish

People liked running wherever the hell they wanted, basically.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#55  Edited By RHCPfan24

I really don't know how it sold that much. I think the historical setting really made it a draw. However, its repetition and controls did not rest well in my eyes. I still enjoyed parts of it but, damn, there were times when I grew furious at that game.

L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By L33tfella_H

I did not see the big deal in that game. It got repetitive way too fast, and if i'd spent 60$ on it when it launched...i'd be pissed.

karneh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#57  Edited By karneh
    @Jimbo said:
    " @Karn said:
    " Just because lots of people bought it, doesn't mean they liked it. They were tricked. "
    How so?  The advertising is an extremely accurate representation of how the game plays.  I've heard many people say they didn't like AC because of the repetitive nature of the missions - which is a fair criticism - but you are the first person I have seen claiming that the people who bought the game were somehow tricked.  Most of the people that didn't like AC had very specific issues with it.  If they felt they were tricked or that the game concept itself was flawed, I don't think we'd see the amount of excitement there is for AC2. "
    I mean by "Oh wow, that game looks cool." *buy it* "THIS IS SHIT!!!11!1!1"
    Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#58  Edited By Jedted

There's a lot i dislike about the game but i thought the story was compelling and made me wanna play through to the end.  And as repetative as it may be i kinda liked the combat and it's really fun once you learn how to do the hidden blade counter move. 

As i recall, the reviews for AC were pretty mixed at launch, some liked and some didn't.  I geuss those 9 million people(me being one of them) went with the possitive reviews and ignored the negative ones. 
    Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#59  Edited By Seedofpower

I wouldn't know why it sold 9 million copies, I didn't buy it.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By giyanks22
    @ryanwho said:
    " It had a pretty stellar ad campaign in addition to a female figurehead which means awkward nerds did half the publicity for them. That's what it comes down to. Left 4 Dead is the only game I've seen marketed nearly as thoroughly, or maybe Halo. "
    Halo and Assassins Creed were both marketed really well that year. MW 2 has similar marketing, but who doesn't like the idea of being an Assassin from the Crusades, and killing people at Random??? It's a popular idea that had never been done properly before, and AC was the first game to do it, in my opinion. It was a great game technically and formulaically, but it was so repetitive, but i'm happy I played it because it was a blast.
    Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#61  Edited By Discorsi

I have no freakin clue.  I mean sure it had a huge ad campaign but come on... 9 million?  I didn't care much for the game and found the best part of it finding those stupid flags >.>.  Assassin's Creed 2 though is looking much better then it's predecessor so I am kind of excited for it.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#62  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I remember it dropping to $30 very quickly. That may have been a factor.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.