Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 13, 2007

Assassin's Creed is a stealth action-adventure game developed by Ubisoft Montreal. In the year 2012, Desmond Miles is kidnapped and made to relive his ancestor's memory through a machine called the Animus. As the ancestor, Altaïr, players unveil an assassin conspiracy set in the middle ages.

PC Version Freezes

Skunkboy72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Skunkboy72

I just purchased the PC version of Assassin's Creed and the game is freezing up.  The picture will lock in place but the audio will continue, if someone is talking they will finish the line, but the music will keep playing.  It will usually freeze sometime before about 5 minutes of running the game. I have tried lowering the graphical settings, but this does not seem to help.  I have not yet tried to reinstall but will tomorrow.  I am running a core 2 duo 6600, a geforce 8800 GTS 640MB, 2 GB of RAM, and have an extreme gamer X-fi card.

Thanks for the help!

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Termite

I can't see why...

I played the entire game on the PC and never had a hitch with a weaker PC then you have, expect I had just a bit more RAM.

I suggest customer support

SmAsH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By SmAsH

Your graphics card maybe overheating. If the game is freezing up/picture locking, then it is definitely a graphics card heat issue. Make sure you update your graphics card off of the nvidia website and check to see if your card is not overheating, use a program such as PC Wizard 2008. I hope this helps.

Skunkboy72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Skunkboy72

I just downloaded the new 175.19 geforce drivers, but now the game runs all choppy while it is running. it ran smooth and fine before.  But it still froze after about 5 minutes.  I turned the power supplies 'turbo' fan on and placed a desk fan at the front to increase air flow and when i alt tabbed out to check the temperature on nvidia's temp checker it said the video card was at 69 C.

Skunkboy72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Skunkboy72

I turned off hardware sound acceleration and that has apparently fixed the issue.  I guess creative lab's beta drivers don't jive with assassin's

DarkLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By DarkLegend

It might be your because of your PC, It runs perfectly when I played it.

RagingLion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By RagingLion

Did anyone else have the problem with the sea when in Damascus?  Any time I was looking at it my framerate jerked to a stupidly low level that made it virtually impossible to play.  I had no problem with water in other places like the Kingdom.  I was playing the PC version btw.

darkgoth678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By darkgoth678

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.