Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham City

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Oct 18, 2011

When Gotham City's slums have been transformed into a secluded super-prison, it's up to Batman to uncover its conspiracy in the sequel to 2009's Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Anyone else feel this was much shorter then AA?

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

First off let me say this game is great, and an amazing sequel to AA. Hoping Rocksteady makes a 3rd one, mainly to see what a game after the events of AC's ending will be like.

That being said, I found myself beating the game and all the side missions (with the exception of the Riddler's, which I am still working on) after only 6-8 hours, while playing on hard. I remember AA taking much more time for me to beat all the way, save for the riddles, which took some more time. I don't know if it was because the city felt smaller then AA, or maybe being able to traverse the city faster made it feel smaller, or maybe I just got better at games between the two, but I found myself somewhat shocked when I realized it was all wrapping up.

Anyone else feel this way?

SpencerTucksen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By SpencerTucksen

I think it MIGHT just be because you're Jesus, and gangbanged the game, somehow, on your own. I beat AA in about 10 hours on Hard, and 13 for AC. The fact that there was more content and having to wrap around the damn city to get from the Museum to the Steel Mill and back took up quite a bit of time. I've probably spent a good hour and a half of this game in the air, so that might be why it took so long by comparison. I didn't really have any problems getting through any story missions, with the exception of finding the Identity Theft crimescenes, since I did it all in the first day before there were guides and whatnot.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By MEATBALL

I felt like the length was pretty comparable, and Arkham City offers up more content so I'm pleased with that side of it, myself. Arkham City itself does tend to feel smaller than it actually is thanks to how proficient Batman is at gliding (I definitely wouldn't say it felt smaller than Arkham Asylum, however) - I didn't really find that to be a big problem, though it has left me wanting a full Gotham City to play in in the next title.

deskp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deskp

I think the game feels shorter cause the inside building locations are smaller. But i definetly spendt more hours on this than i did with arkham asylum.

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DeShawn2ks

It felt much longer to me but that was because I spent most of my time leveling, doing side quest, and completing all the Riddler stuff.

deanoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deanoxd

story wise it felt it was shorter, but all the side stuff is much more in depth.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Bestostero

yes, it was much shorter. (not including side missions and riddler crap) i beat it within a day (the main story) :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.