Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham City

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Oct 18, 2011

When Gotham City's slums have been transformed into a secluded super-prison, it's up to Batman to uncover its conspiracy in the sequel to 2009's Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Which villains would you want in Batman: AA2?

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By dbz1995

For me, Black Mask seems great. Joker, Harley Quinn, Two-Face, and Penguin also all seem really good, but who else would you want?
     Deathstroke (many people might know him as Slade) would be nice for me.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ryanwho

Clayface.
    Deathstroke isn't a Batman villain, is he? I thought he was a general villain to the Justice League and Teen Titans.

aaox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By aaox

I don't really know. Maybe one or two new ones, but I felt that all of the villains in Arkham kind of made the game's villains seem interchangeable except for The Joker. Maybe a more concentrated group of evil-er villains than the whole lot of them. But I completely understand about the fact that they need a lot, seeing as it's one of the game's selling points.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Catwoman, Pfeiffer style

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ryanwho

They don't need alot, though. They just need to use the specific villains that have a lot of disposable minions.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thatpinguino  Moderator

mr. freeze- I think a big ice level would be fun. 

scarface- i want to see batman fight a puppet

madhatter- funny character who could replace scarecrow as the psychological/ fantastical villain

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By toowalrus

Joker-dorf

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#9  Edited By Icemael

Two-Face, Catwoman, Mad Hatter, Mr. Freeze.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dbz1995
    @ryanwho said:
    " They don't need alot, though. They just need to use the specific villains that have a lot of disposable minions. "
    Black Mask has his False Facers-dudes with masks as well. Thing is, Black Mask can be one of those characters that would make you go 'what the fuck?' Maybe from talking to a mannequin (because his beloved, Circe, is killed). He also feeds Catwoman's sister's brother-in-law's body parts to Catwoman's sister. They could make him a great crazy bloke-I don't think Zsasz cut it in the last one. 

@ryanwho said:
    " Clayface. Deathstroke isn't a Batman villain, is he? I thought he was a general villain to the Justice League and Teen Titans. "
    Clayface would make a really good massive bad guy, like Poison Ivy was in the prequel. And yes, Deathstroke is also in other superheroes lives as an antagonist, but he'd still make a kick-ass Batman bad-ass-guy. For once, it could be you being the prey and not being the 'invisible predator'.
    super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By super2j
    @thatpinguino said:

" mr. freeze- I think a big ice level would be fun.   scarface- i want to see batman fight a puppet  madhatter- funny character who could replace scarecrow as the psychological/ fantastical villain "   

I like the way you think. How bout we combine all three of these bad guys and make into a batman saves santa story. Mr.freeze does the ice thing, mad hater turns everything into weird x-mas related stuff (Evil reindeer)  and the puppet makes evil toys. ANd can anyone say coop with santa as player 2.  I would love to see santa on gargoyles, stealth killing enemies and striking fear in all the minions.     

bad guy 1: "hey did you guys hear that?"    
     bad guy 2: "ya i saw that shadow what was it"  

far in the distance "hohoho"....

bad guy 1: "AAHHHHH"    
     bad guy 2: "OH man its a candy cane, it must be the fat!!"  
    brando711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By brando711

i want to see joker, harley, scarecrow, penguin, 2 face, riddler, and mr freeze 
    I DONT WANT POISON IVY IN THIS FUCKING GAME!

brando711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By brando711

and i want robin and alfred to play a part as well

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Afroman269

Catwomen, Two-Face, Penguin. Man-Bat for shits and giggles.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brando711 said:
    " and i want robin and alfred to play a part as well "
    Is Robin still part of the main canon in the current comics? I ask this because he was never explicitly mentioned in the game.
    dutch42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By dutch42

wanna see two face

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CaptainObvious

Hush, Two Face and Deathstroke.

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Zereta

Two Face, Firefly, Mr. Freeze, Catwoman. 

Lets do it, Rocksteady!

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#19  Edited By wefwefasdf

I definitely would like to see Mr. Freeze and Penguin. I'll probably only see one of them though.

danguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By danguy

Mr. Freeze, an ice area would be cool.
    Two-Face, why not?
    Scarecrow, actually fight him.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By Gabriel

Two face and Clayface

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By fwylo
    @DanGuy said:
    " Mr. Freeze, an ice area would be cool. "
    Only if voice acted by Arnold.
    penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By penguindust

Did you see the trailer breakdown on Gametrailers yet (link)?  Looks like Catwoman, Penguin, Two-Face and Black Mask are all strongly suggested in addition to the obvious Joker and Harley appearance.

SHADOWINFINITE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By SHADOWINFINITE

Hush one of batman's greatest enemies 

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Two-Face and Cat Women!

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jimbo

D.A.V.E. and Everywhere Man sound pretty ridiculous.  No wait, Man-Bat!

Batman appears to have some really terrible villains.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By AhmadMetallic

no idea. i'll just wait for Rocksteady to rock my world

IceTrey87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By IceTrey87

Hush, Prometheus, and Man-Bat would all be fun bosses because they wouldn't be just some big dumb thug, shoulder charging.  Prometheus and Hush could take Batman one on one in a fight and it'd be pretty intense.  Just give them some cool acrobatic shit and special moves and I'd be good.  Man-Bat could be pretty cool in that some sort of arial battle could take place (maybe you'd have to grapple on to him and beat him up). 

Scarface/The Ventriloquist would be interesting.  I'm sure Rocksteady could come up with something cool. 

Also Mr. Freeze, and I think they need to bring back Killer Croc so we can have a legitimate boss battle against him this time. 

oh and FIREFLY!   Dude can you imagine him going all out just effing torching everything in the room?  Maybe make it some sort of combat puzzle where you have to open up water pipes as you fight him to avoid the whole room going up in flames. 

Also Clayface. 

so yeah.  Clayface, Prometheus, Ventriloquist, Firefly, Man-Bat, Mr. Freeze, Killer Croc, Hush
    martian1127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By martian1127

I do agree with the Clayface. He could have been used real good in the first AA game. But why not bring him back for AA2. They just need a short little description on how he broke out of Arkham Asylum and got to Gotham. I do agree that the Ventriloquist is needed because Scareface is seen without him in the first AA game. Why not put the two together for the upcoming game. Only thing that has got me wondering is what doll the Ventriloquist will use. I'm taking it that he has more than 1 Scareface puppet. Remember the last scene we saw Scarface is was when you went into the room behind the visiting center, beat the Titans and then saw Joker throw Scareface on the ground. So how connected is the Ventriloquist to his puppet that we saw on Arkham. Is he brave enough to make a journey back to the Asylum and rescue it? 

*Mr. Freeze, I'm sure will be in AA2. Remember he was mentioned RECENTLY ESCAPED in Dr. Young's notes. With him being in the game I'm pretty sure he will be out trying to capture Dr. Evers so that he can restore the life of his long lost Victoria as seen in Batman Vengeance and the cartoons. His lab was always located out in that facility on the water. So we may get to use either the Bat-Submarine or the Batwing for multi-purposes in the game. 

*Bat-Mite, may be kind of interesting to have in the game. A lot of people don't know who he is. He was mentioned in the comics randomly when Batman's equipment would start 
    malfunctioning for weird reasons. I'm thinking it would be interesting for Batman to be on a mission for the controls in his Batwing start acting weird and causing him confusion. And on the intercom inside the Batwing, you would hear a little sneaky voice saying "HAHAHAH, Batman. Lets see you get your way out of this one".

*Hush/Dr. T. Elliot is a very good for the story. If FireFly and Mr. Freeze are in the game, then he would be good to put in the story. Remember, it still has not been explained on how Mr. Freeze broke out in Dr. Young's notes. And if remember correctly, when you scan the schedule board inside the X-Ray room, it's obvious that Arkham staff have not discovered Dr. Elliot's true identity. When you come to think of it, Dr. Elliot could have easily let Mr. Freeze out of his cell. Fire Fly's fire pack is also seen inside of Arkham. So maybe they could have Dr. Elliot sneak Fire Fly his fire pack. Either way Hush/Dr. T. Elliot is a good person to tie into the story.

*Scarecrow I'm sure will be in AA2. If (Black Mask) is in there, then Scarecrow should work with him. Scarecrow did some work with Black Mask when Two-Face was chased out of Gotham and Black Mask resumed his title as the ruler of the FALSE FACERS society. Scarecrow also worked with Black Mask along side with Penguin and Clayface. So hopefully they will tie him in with the story.

*Ras Al Gu may also be mentioned. We all know him as the man that has lived for over 100 years. And when you beat the AA game, his body is no longer to be found where you first saw him. So that means members of the League of Shadows came back to rescue him.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.