Can I skip the first 2 games and just play this one?

• 57 results
pg77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Poll Can I skip the first 2 games and just play this one? (155 votes)

YES 59%
NO 41%

I see this is on gamepass but have not played through the first 2 games.

Am I missing out if I skip them and play this one?

• 
xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@mikewhy: return to arkham? I thought the pc versions still looked better then those

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I said no but only because Brad and I have the same opinion that is Arkham Asylum is the best in the series and it would be a shame if you skipped it.

Avatar image for sarcasticmudcrab
SarcasticMudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The best thing about the batman games is you can skip them all.

This is thanks to one of the worst mechanics ever introduced to the industry; batman combat.

Thing is even if you do play it you kind of aren't really playing anything anyway.

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanadu: I should mention I haven't seen the remasters in person, I'm just a sucker for better lighting / textures / effects.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By NTM

You'll miss some story stuff, but just watch all the cutscenes on YouTube and you'll be fine. I think Arkham Knight is actually the best of them all. It takes the best parts of each Arkham game. Asylum was in large part (but not only) special because the asylum was a cool setting. I wasn't a fan of City, but Knight takes the open city setting, but where City felt kind of empty, Knight fills its city with detail similar to Asylum. And it has a strong story and soundtrack similar to how Origins does (although, one bit of it is too predictable if you know Batman's stories).

You can also get a lot of costumes from the history of Batman and Batmobile/Bat tank skins. To me, Spider-Man on PS4 and Arkham Knight are the two best superhero games. The Batmobile/Bat tank stuff I enjoyed, so in that sense, I don't agree with others, but at the same time it's not my favorite part of Knight. I wish there was a PS4 Pro/Xbox One X enhancement, or now, an XSX/PS5 enhancement. The game still looks great, which is a surprise considering even at the time of its release it was a surprise at what could be done with the aging version of that engine.

That said, the true ending being locked behind doing all side quests was kind of bad, and there is no way I'll ever do all those riddler trophies. I'll also say, going back to Asylum when having already played through the series, Asylum feels kind of lacking and simplistic.

davidfox1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’d do the opposite and play asylum and drop this

thomashoward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.