Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Knight

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 23, 2015

Developer Rocksteady's return to the Batman series takes place one year after the events of Arkham City. It expands the open world from the previous game and allows players to finally drive the Batmobile throughout Gotham City's streets.

Season of Infamy - DLC

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By glots

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/12/22/batman-arkham-knight-season-of-infamy-details-out-today/

Arkham Knight receives it's final story-focused piece of DLC this week, that might actually offer you something worth-while. Four baddies with their own areas to deal with, Killer Croc among them, as you can observe from the emblem above. I leave the rest as a secret...at least 'till you watch the video.

Oh, and there's also some suits, car skins, challenge areas and all that nonsense. Although I liked Arkham Knight, I never bought the season pass, since none of the released content seemed worth it. I could consider it now, at least if this has more than two hours worth of content in it.

Busto1299

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder how much content is in this DLC, because a lot of the stuff I have heard about after launch seemed not great at all.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@busto1299: The prices I think match up the value of gameplay and time. The ones that tend to be more expensive usually have a bit more to do compared to the cheaper story dlc.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I keep seeing some people call this an "expansion." Does this add things to the map or is it selected as a separate entity like the other story DLCS?

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Finally, The Dark Knight skin is in an Arkham game. I've been waiting for it since they did all those dumb skins back in Arkham City. I hope it's not tied to this DLC though, I just want that skin by itself.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Might be worth coming back to the game with the full season pass stuff included. I briefly screwed around with it again a couple months back and got annoyed when I found out the batmobile skin I'd used didn't have a grappling hook. If I do NG+, will I keep my riddle progress?

Avatar image for deactivated-582d227526464
    deactivated-582d227526464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I think this is a hard series to make DLC for, since no single mission can feel all that unique because of the combat. Hopefully they do something interesting with the stuff around the combat at least.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Might be worth coming back to the game with the full season pass stuff included. I briefly screwed around with it again a couple months back and got annoyed when I found out the batmobile skin I'd used didn't have a grappling hook. If I do NG+, will I keep my riddle progress?

You retain all collectibles, yes.

As for the DLC...

Yeah I didn't care for this Season of Infamy stuff. I was actually planning on making a huge write up/review sort of thing for all of the current DLC and then end it with the Season of Infamy, but I did a bad job with that. So I'll just say: All of the other DLC is complete shit that takes maybe 5 minutes to complete on a good day. The Batgirl DLC takes about an hour but it's still not great.

Season of Infamy is the only DLC so far to be actually integrated into the main game instead of being located in the main menu. I had already completed the game twice so I was excited to see what was up. The Mad Hatter stuff was okay, but my goodness was it short. It begins with you looking for 3 sirens somewhere in Gotham City. I accidentally found all three of them in a span of about 5 minutes, so it wasn't that great or even challenging.

Then you do a bunch of fighting and it was kind of cool seeing enemies in a different art style. I wondered if Batman was in a different art style too but I was using the Noel suit and I didn't see anything different so I don't know.

The Killer Croc stuff was kind of lame. Call me crazy, but I thought the ending was weak because it just sorta boiled Killer Croc down to a Brute enemy and it didn't really create anything new for him combat wise. There was no new gimmick to beating him, you just do the same stuff you did with Robin in Penesa Studios.

The two left are missions having to do with Ra's Al Ghul and Mr. Freeze.

The Mr. Freeze stuff is weak as hell because while the narrative is actually pretty good, and it does well to tug at the ol' heartstrings, all it has you doing is going around and fighting guys. Oh and the Batmobile makes an appearance during this. So, eyeroll.

The Ra's Al Ghul mission is stupid, in my honest opinion, because of its ending. It also tries to get creative by allowing you to make a choice that presumably actually matters, but since it only affects the ending it really doesn't. Let's also not forget that this is supposed to be the "dramatic conclusion" to the Arkham series so the decision itself is doubly pointless because it feels like it's supposed to lead to something. So knowing how the game ends just leaves me sitting there going "But, but, I know how the game ends and... and..."

Ultimately, I feel sorry for anyone who bought the season pass. The only thing of worth are skins(And that's just because I'm a huge sucker for skins, but anyone else who aren't as interested would probably find them completely useless), and pretty much all of the interesting Batmobile skins have no weapons so they are completely unusable in the story, serving a purpose only in races and to drive around the open world. The fact that they couldn't put in the extra effort to make all versions of the Batmobile weaponized so you can go through the entire game with these crazy and also option contraptions is just pitiful.

The missions are too short, a lot shorter than I thought they'd be, and while some of them are interesting, when you're working on such a small mission budget you'd figure that every one would be interesting and unique.

People would probably disagree. And maybe even say I'm being too harsh. But the reality is, the season pass was $40 at one point, and while it's a lot cheaper now($20, though that may be a limited time deal on PSN), I still don't think it's worth it. It has offered us nothing that we we couldn't find in the base game and at the same time offers us no unique experience relating to either the characters within them or even the gameplay. But I think I just said that and now I'm repeating myself.

tl;dr the season pass is not good the DLC altogether is not good Season of Infamy is okay but it's just a lame excuse to do what we already did in the base game but in different locals.

Season of Infamy should have been the standard at which all the other DLC was held, but it wasn't, so we get a bunch of shit DLC to bookend one decent one all wrapped up in a $40(Plus $60 for the actual game) price tag.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gaminghooligan

@n7: Thanks for the warning. Those outfits are cool, but all the content looked half-baked.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@n7: Thanks for the warning. Those outfits are cool, but all the content looked half-baked.

Just to be 100% clear here if you didn't know, the other DLC missions are literally like 10 to 15 minutes long. You could probably find a video on youtube to see for yourself. Catwoman's DLC might make it up to 20 because it has a challenging ending, but it's short too. I mean it's no wonder all of these DLC's are priced $1.99. And unfortunately, that's a majority of the DLC. Batgirl and Season of Infamy are the outliers in that they are more than 15 minutes long, but you have to wade through so much shit just to get to them. So if you're like me and you bought the season pass on the promise of quality DLC, you will only find 2 of them out of several. The rest just feel like cheap pre-order DLC, or shit you'd unlock off of a can of Redbull.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wellp, guess I'll continue to pass the Season Pass then, thanks for the sacrifice @n7! Maybe when the whole thing goes for less than 10€, I'll pick it up. If I still get an urge to play AK again, that is...

Busto1299

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@n7: I gotta say, this season pass ( I did not buy it ) seems like one of the worst DLC plans I have ever seen. Bad content, overpriced, and just flat out boring stuff to do. This is coming from someone (me) that thinks DLC can be great if executed in a proper way.

kadaju86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea, I'm one of those suckers that bought the season pass on the promise of all the content and everything. I ended up liking the Season of Infamy the most however as it was part of the main game world, and not these weird standalone things like the others. Overall all of the DLC has been incredibly disappointing for me though.

I've also had more bugs in Season of Infamy than I ever had when playing through the main game when it came out. One instance of textures not loading completely, geometry not existing and falling through the world because of it, three instance of button prompts needed to continue not showing up, one instance of respawning after falling into water that put me behind geometry and made it impossible to get out of until I exited and loaded back in. In addition there were also some occurrences of small freezes while driving through the city, possibly due to some streaming issue, that I can't remember experiencing in the main game. Playing on Xbox One btw, and I have no idea if anyone else have been having issues like this, but might be good for people to know before potentially jumping in.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

seasons last more than 2 hours.

pretty bummed by the dlc. I loved the game and was begging to give them money for some extra gameplay but I cant justify 6 bucks for 20 minute storys.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just completed this. I really feel screwed for buying the season pass. For $40 it feels like they gave us like $13 worth of story and a bunch of skins.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@barrock: I have yet to play this piece of DLC but while I absolutely adore the main game, This game was the final straw for season passes for me. I have been burned too many times.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@barrock: I have yet to play this piece of DLC but while I absolutely adore the main game, This game was the final straw for season passes for me. I have been burned too many times.

I recommend you play it. The Mr. Freeze stuff should have been in the main game.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I should have bought the pass when it was on sale recently. That was a much more reasonable price for what you get. I want to play the DLC, but there's no way I'm paying full price. I've done the whole Batman DLC dance before, and I shan't be fooled again.

Funny that Origins had the only decent DLC deal of the series.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pompouspizza

@barrock: that's encouraging. It may be just the excuse I need to get back to that game again. It's the only one of the Arkham games I got to 100% completion. How long is the DLC?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.