Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Origins

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Oct 25, 2013

Two years after beginning his crime-fighting career, Batman faces his toughest challenge ever when the crime lord known as Black Mask hires the eight deadliest assassins in the DC Universe to kill the vigilante who has been interfering in his operations.

Batman: Arkham Origins Coming This Year...

• 148 results
    buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

I liked Asylum. I fucking loved City. I am dispirited by the announcement of Origins.

MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

They should have made a Batman Beyond game instead.

Pop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

It's probably going to suck since it's not made by Rocksteady, I hope the combat is just as good, I'll wait until it's out to see if I want to play it or not.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@patrickklepek: Despite the Metroid Prime pedigree of some of its staff, Armature is still an unknown quantity. They haven't actually produced a complete game of their own since their inception years ago.

Avatar image for deactivated-64b8656eaf424
    deactivated-64b8656eaf424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Not really, no. Not interested yet.

Neither of these really spark my interest, considering that the dev is the WB Games studio that did the Wii-U port of Arkham City, and we all know how awesome that was. I mean sure, maybe their original material will be better, right?

Right?

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

EA should just pick up the slack and start selling all games that have the word "Origin" or "Origins" in the title on Origin.

GreatMadness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we get to drive the batmobile around this time I'm sold.

fiberpay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not interested, not only is it another fucking "sequel" but it is also a bad date to launch it with new consoles a month away.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I hope the 2D one is baller.

@meatsim said:

They should have made a Batman Beyond game instead.

Also, this ^

Willtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Willtron

I like the idea of a Batman: Year One type of game--or, I'd assume that would be the inspiration. But I kinda wish this would have started the franchise. Or I hope it's a different kind of gameplay. I'm always worried about how prequels just feel like they regress in feature-sets/gameplay compared to games that came before it, but still have the same basics.

And with the PS4/Durango coming out a month after this? Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shevar: I remember reading about that sometime back. Personally I love the idea of Arkham Asylum (in terms of gameplay mechanics not tone) set in the Silver Age. I've not seen anything sense. Maybe there could be some hope that instead of just Batman, it's more of a Brave and the Bold kinda thing where he teams up with different hero's throughout the game and you get a chance to play as them as well. Here's hoping at least.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm in if this game is voiced by Adam West.

LarryDavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@2headedninja said:

I'm honestly not sure if I want a superman game even if rocksteady makes it ... superman is kinda ... boring.

Only people who know very little of Superman say this.

Anyways, I hope this game lives up to the quality of the first two. Those games were both amazing.

I've read a lot of Superman stuff and the only stories I've found entertaining in the slightest are ones written by Grant Morrison. And those aren't really because of Superman.

Seraphim84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

I know Mark said he wouldn't do Joker anymore (and that he's said that half a dozen times now), but I really hope they go elsewhere with the game. I for one have had enough Joker. For the one superhero aside from Spider-man that has a ton of good bad guys, go elsewhere!

BlueWolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By BlueWolverine

Just make a sequel to Arkham City that takes advantage of the great setup that happened at the end of Arkham City and have Scarecrow be the primary antagonist.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By OurSin_360

I'd say Rocksteady is working on a next gen arkham game. A prequel though? why? and the fact it is announced the same year it's coming out leaves me thinking it'll be rushed. Arkham origins just sounds stupid, will it be set 100 years in the past? They realize the origins of arkham have nothing to do with the origin of batman right? lmao

radioactivez0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I wonder how big the studio is if they can do a console and handheld offshoot simultaneously. It seems like a lot to ask; sure the engine and most of the assets probably already exist (at least on PS360), but if they are just wrapping a new story around that, do we really need it?

UndeadPatPat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By UndeadPatPat
    KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Armature Studios: Left because they were tired of making Metroid

Years later...end up making more Metroid style games.

IRONY!

korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

Well I'm interested to learn more. Arkham City was pretty good. I know it's not the same developer, but with the proper resources they should be able to churn out another game like Arkham City. Sure, it would be nice if they could make a game that's even better, but let's not get our hopes up. I'd settle for an uninspired Arkham City or Arkham Asylum clone.

JuggaloAcidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

Didn't Rocksteady say they were working on a retro batman game?

ddensel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

This is a pleasant surprise. Its a new game that'll probably be pretty good, and its not taking away from Rocksteady developing a next gen game. The negative feedback based off nothing at all is pretty disheartening. This is nothing but positive news.

Personally, I'm sticking to current gen stuff a while, so its nice to see some new software I'll get to play

Avatar image for deactivated-60a530ec4d635
    deactivated-60a530ec4d635

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarbearer: If that would be the case, than I would be out. I can see why you might love to play with other heroes, but apart from Batman (and related characters) I find the rest of the DC lineup a bit bland.

Then again, if they could give those heroes the man of steel treatment that would be cool. Somehow I'm intrigued how they have set up that movie so far.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'm fine with this.

As much as I enjoyed the Arkham games I find the idea of Rocksteady working on something new much more interesting than them doing another Batman game.

Icaria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven’t heard of Armature Studio? Just know some of the primary creatives behind Metroid Prime started that company. Interested yet?

Actually less interested now.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I am interested in a more open Gotham City and my love for Batman remains undeterred, I'm not sure I want to play a Batman game not helmed by Rocksteady. Unless it's really good.

IcarusFoundYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll pass, or at least wait until gameplay video reviews are up.

Also what the hell is 2.5D? How can you have half a dimension?

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#129  Edited By fox01313

If it's as solid as the previous 2 in the gameplay, I'll give it a shot, might not go for a midnight release of it on day one but game to play it.

SHADOWINFINITE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By SHADOWINFINITE

I'm sure everyone was expecting Arkham World and not a prequel. However, I own all the games so far, so I am looking forward to this one. These other developers better not screw up the Arkham franchise. Batman Arkham franchise has finally brought justice to the character in game form. If only they could do the same for Superman.

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll probably still end up picking this thing up. If they take the base level open world stuff that was in Arkham City and expand on it, having a big open world Batman game could be a ton of fun. That Rocksteady isn't involved and Paul Dini isn't writing it doesn't inspire a ton of confidence though.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Ghostiet

@shadowinfinite said:

I'm sure everyone was expecting Arkham World and not a prequel. However, I own all the games so far, so I am looking forward to this one. These other developers better not screw up the Arkham franchise. Batman Arkham franchise has finally brought justice to the character in game form. If only they could do the same for Superman.

Yeah, I wish this was Arkham Inc. or World. Especially since the three sequel hooks from City (Hush, Scarecrow and The Order of St. Dumas) are really awesome.

striderno9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#133  Edited By striderno9

Let me play as Deathstroke and I'm in ;-)

Vinyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Vinyl
    No Caption Provided

Dinosaurs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Dinosaurs

I just hope this is good. Also surprising to me how many people don't know the 2.5D term.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By stryker1121

At this point I'd rather just see a proper sequel from Rocksteady building off AC's story.Especially if Origins is going to be another massive open world experience. There's a pantload of dangling plot threads from AC set to lead to something bigger. So now we're going to have this Origins game along w/ Rocksteady's Silver-Age title, neither of which finishes off the story started in Akrham Asylum? That makes little sense to me.

danielheard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By danielheard

@leebmx: The character wasn't always god-level, and the best stories imo are when he isn't. It's a matter of scale. If you start the character as merely bulletproof tough and going through gangs like they where tenpins, then the boss fight of the robot is hard. At the next level of gameplay the boss becomes the grunts and you expand the scope of the game to maintain the challenge. Repeat till by the end of the game you should be wrestling Darksied and it should MEAN something that your powers have expanded as far as they have.

Example: In Skyrim a Bandit is tough at level one, but by level 50 a tribe of giants is no sweat off you dragonborn nose.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Origins? Just had to get the word Arkham in there I guess, because the inevitable marketing bulldozer won't hammer the connection to the previous games well enough.

devise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By devise22

I"m fine with this. It's been 2 years since the last one people might forget that. Not like they are just pumping it out every year with short development time. I really wish/hope Rocksteady is working on a TMNT game. I may be the only one but that fighting system with the Ninja Turtles is like a match made in heaven.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

I'm hoping that this Silver Age Batman will have the classic blue cape/mask and yellow bat logo like in the comics. But after seeing the early concept art from GameInformer, looks like it might not be the case. Sigh!

psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

#142  Edited By psykhophear

I already didn't like Arkham City very much. I can't imagine a further sequel/prequel/whatever being all that interesting to me. The portable game, though...that could be interesting. Hoping it's not like Mirror of Fate or that level of "quality."

P.S. Arkham Asylum was my 2009 game of the year.

I admit I too didn't like Arkham City when I first played it but after playing it the second time, it has grown on me. But if I were to choose which is the best in the series: Arkham Asylum all the way.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Bad name bad name bad name

Menkhor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ohhhh boy. They have some HUGE shoes to fill. Arkham Asylum and City quickly became my favourite games of all time, just because they were done so damn well. Can't say a single bad thing about either of them.

That said, I am extremely excited for this. Good luck WB Montreal, don't fuck it up!

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@danielheard: Yeah I know what you mean but I think by that goes against what makes Superman Superman but who knows, maybe they can do it right. It doesn't help me that I just find Superman to be a boring do-gooder with little personality or real motivation.

Alecthegamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited i don't get the back lash give um a chance

KaOtoko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krakn3dfx: How are you supposed to make a Superman game to begin with? Hes invincible and can fly - theres no limits to make a ame around. Imagine a game where you can't die and can go anywhere at high speed. The main issue will be difficulty - either its far too easy or the enemies weapons must have dropped right out of uncanny valley with kryptonite bullets as standard, or else Superman is somehow weakened by something in which case why use Superman at all?

The reason Batman games work is because hes human and can die - the stealth gameplay in the Arkham series works because in open combat Batman will reguarly get killed long before he can take down the squads of gun-weilding criminals.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Ghostiet

@kaotoko said:

@krakn3dfx: How are you supposed to make a Superman game to begin with? Hes invincible and can fly - theres no limits to make a ame around. Imagine a game where you can't die and can go anywhere at high speed. The main issue will be difficulty - either its far too easy or the enemies weapons must have dropped right out of uncanny valley with kryptonite bullets as standard, or else Superman is somehow weakened by something in which case why use Superman at all?

There are several ways to make a Superman game work, it just requires some knowledge of the character & creativity. By far the most interesting scenario for Superman is the issue of his strength - the sole purpose of all the Darkseids and Doomsdays is for him to go to town on them. The character's core is a constant fight with the fact that he's so powerful that he has to keep himself in check all the time.

Seriously. Want a Superman game? Invent a big-ass crysis (Kingdom Come-big, perhaps), throw Superman into the middle of everything, and force the player to juggle his power. Force him to make tough decisions and come up with creative ways to save people and trash bad guys without destroying Metropolis into shreds. It's possible, it just requires careful design and a dude who knows his Superman. I'd like to point out that before the Batman Begins video game and Arkham Asylum, nobody had an idea what to do with the Bat, apart from "yo, let's make a game where you punch shit AS BATMAN, that's awesome, right?".

brewster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fair enough, Def

GreenLighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By GreenLighter

Probably one I'll pick up on sale later, got plenty of Batman action out of Arkham City.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.