Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Feb 09, 2010

Ten years after the events of the first game, Subject Delta is awoken and must unravel the mystery behind the Big Sisters and his own past in the ruined underwater city of Rapture.

The engineering team probably cried themselves to sleep...

koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By koolaid

So I got a hour or so to kill while my laundry dries and I want to take a break from skyrim. Open up the ol' steam game list and hey, maybe I'll give Bioshock 2 a go. Picked it up for cheap during a sale and liked the first one!

So I play for that hour and get through the first level and change. Think I'll stop playing now. Open up the menu and oh... you need to be logged in to games for windows to save. That's dumb. After having an internal monologue about how DRM hurts the paying users and looking up my account information. I log in to games for windows live. There's an update available. You need to be fully updated to log in. Ok I say... update then.

"Please save and close your game to continue updating."

What.

But I can't save until I log in.

But I can't log in until I update.

But I can't update unless I quit.

But I can't quit until I save.

Like the title says. There's engineering team that needed therapy after being told they had to create this hellspawn abomination. Guess I'll be done with this for a while.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Atleast it was only 1 hour you lost. I had several hours put into my Fallout 3 PC save, only to have it crap out on me.

Also annoying that my GFW account is the same as my Xbox live account (because some games can't be played online unless you have a GFW account - stupid, and it isnt free) so its annoying if I'm playing Arkham Asylum and my wife gets on the xbox to watch netflix and it kicks me off, not letting me save. Its a nightmare

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

And once again Games For Windows LIVE proves itself to be a top-quality gaming platform. Seriously Microsoft, this kind of thing is ridiculous.

iWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By iWonder

Yeah.... yeahh... yeahhhhhhhhh.... *adds to the many many reasons of why I hate DRM*

Really glad I got this from Gamefly for the 360. Shit like this is why the PC market isn't growing as much as it should be.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By ch3burashka

I'm usually against piracy, but when they're selling you a broken product, it's "justified"... a little.

Too bad you can't distinguish between paying for the game and paying for the service hosting the game. I guess the closest you can get is pay for it on Steam. Then again, I'm pretty sure GFWL is integrated in all versions. In which case, sorry 2K Marin, you're the one that got aboard this death train.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RsistncE

I don't understand why it still exists. Adoption rates were piss poor and everyone hates it, you'd think Microsoft would have lost money on this venture and would have scrapped the whole thing by now.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@CH3BURASHKA said:

I'm usually against piracy, but when they're selling you a broken product, it's "justified"... a little.

Too bad you can't distinguish between paying for the game and paying for the service hosting the game. I guess the closest you can get is pay for it on Steam. Then again, I'm pretty sure GFWL is integrated in all versions. In which case, sorry 2K Marin, you're the one that got aboard this death train.

It is. Both my Arkham Asylum and Fallout 3 use it. Oh and so does Red Faction: Guerrilla

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

You may be amazed at the simplicity and efficiency of consoles.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By TwoLines

I started up Bulletstorm on the PC.

Start up. I try to go into the menu. Nope, you must log in to go to the freaking main menu. Okay, I try logging in.

You can't log in until you've download the update.

I download the update.

Quit before you complete the update.

I have to go into the main menu to quit.

I have to log in to go into the main menu.

Can't log in because I have to update.

Can't update because I need to quit.

Alt+F4. Repeat two times for no reason. Awesome. Awesome to the max.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By captain_clayman

i dont know why gfwl doesnt just check for updates outside of the game.  seriously, for the leading software company in the world, MS really doesnt know what they're doing a lot of the time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.