Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Feb 09, 2010

Ten years after the events of the first game, Subject Delta is awoken and must unravel the mystery behind the Big Sisters and his own past in the ruined underwater city of Rapture.

What's Next: Bioshock

Wallflower501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 21

Edited By Wallflower501

The original Bioshock was a landmark title, rejuvenating the first person shooter genre and putting "atmosphere"  on the tongue of gamers everywhere. The sequel, however, was less breath-taking of a game. Bioshock 2 continued the franchise's staple environment and gun play while adding little to the formula but forgettable characters and Linear plotting. 

So what's next for the franchise that brought back the "puzzle shooter"? One word, prequel. Yes I know Everyone says that. But I really believe in the potential of this idea. 

First of all the protagonist; a wealthy resident of the Andrew Ryan's underwater paradise. The player fights his way out of the falling city while overcoming the shock of seeing his friends and neighbors turn into hideous monsters right before his eyes. 

Story: The Story opens at the peak of Rapture's majesty. Gold platted everything, champagne, fine silk, music and laughter. But as it progresses the effects of ADAM becomes more apparent until the splicers finally rise up and wreak havoc on the city. The Protagonist stayed away from ADAM at first, but now that he must fight for his life, ADAM is the only thing that can save him. Will he make it out alive or will HE TOO succumb to the effects of  splicing?  

Villain: This one is harder, Ryan, Fontaine and Lamb are out. But I think it might work to have a close friend of the Protagonist be introduced early in the game and it is later revealed that he is the leader of the splicer gang that is ravaging the city. The old "Friends caught on opposite sides" thing might be intresting to see play out in a game such as Bioshock. Naturally, the player will be fighting Splicers ( but this time more human-looking), and Big Daddies that have been released to stop the splicer gang by any means necessary.

Bioshock's strength has always been, in my opinion, it's ability to show how easily beauty can turn to ugly, ambition turns to evil, and good intentions turn  to animal instinct.s . What better way to do that than to show the downfall of the most ambitious city ever built. The players can live out the event that made the previous games possible. This game could allow fans to rediscover what made the first game good and, by adding the emotional tension of fighting off your friends and not just faceless thugs, provide them with a different enough experience to separate it from being just another Bioshock game. 

The only problem is the Bioshock 2 multiplayer which also takes place during the destruction of the city. This can be solved by two approaches; " That was in a different part of the city" or " Whatever". 

So what do you think? Do you like this Idea? I'm I crazy? What would you like to see in the next Bioshock game?

Wallflower501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 21

#1  Edited By Wallflower501

The original Bioshock was a landmark title, rejuvenating the first person shooter genre and putting "atmosphere"  on the tongue of gamers everywhere. The sequel, however, was less breath-taking of a game. Bioshock 2 continued the franchise's staple environment and gun play while adding little to the formula but forgettable characters and Linear plotting. 

So what's next for the franchise that brought back the "puzzle shooter"? One word, prequel. Yes I know Everyone says that. But I really believe in the potential of this idea. 

First of all the protagonist; a wealthy resident of the Andrew Ryan's underwater paradise. The player fights his way out of the falling city while overcoming the shock of seeing his friends and neighbors turn into hideous monsters right before his eyes. 

Story: The Story opens at the peak of Rapture's majesty. Gold platted everything, champagne, fine silk, music and laughter. But as it progresses the effects of ADAM becomes more apparent until the splicers finally rise up and wreak havoc on the city. The Protagonist stayed away from ADAM at first, but now that he must fight for his life, ADAM is the only thing that can save him. Will he make it out alive or will HE TOO succumb to the effects of  splicing?  

Villain: This one is harder, Ryan, Fontaine and Lamb are out. But I think it might work to have a close friend of the Protagonist be introduced early in the game and it is later revealed that he is the leader of the splicer gang that is ravaging the city. The old "Friends caught on opposite sides" thing might be intresting to see play out in a game such as Bioshock. Naturally, the player will be fighting Splicers ( but this time more human-looking), and Big Daddies that have been released to stop the splicer gang by any means necessary.

Bioshock's strength has always been, in my opinion, it's ability to show how easily beauty can turn to ugly, ambition turns to evil, and good intentions turn  to animal instinct.s . What better way to do that than to show the downfall of the most ambitious city ever built. The players can live out the event that made the previous games possible. This game could allow fans to rediscover what made the first game good and, by adding the emotional tension of fighting off your friends and not just faceless thugs, provide them with a different enough experience to separate it from being just another Bioshock game. 

The only problem is the Bioshock 2 multiplayer which also takes place during the destruction of the city. This can be solved by two approaches; " That was in a different part of the city" or " Whatever". 

So what do you think? Do you like this Idea? I'm I crazy? What would you like to see in the next Bioshock game?

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Skytylz

I thought Bioshock 2 was great, but yah that'd be cool too.  They could also have another Rapture like city in the sky or something.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.