Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Blur

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 25, 2010

Bizarre Creations' Blur mixes the driving of the Project Gotham Racing series with explosive weaponry and allows players to race up to 20 online opponents.

Power ups you like and don't like?

Dr_Who

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dr_Who

Hey there guys as of now most people that have signed up for the beta have got a code now and have started playing it. A question for the guys that have started playing it what power ups do you like and what ones do you think they should cut from the game? 

Also for anyone else here is an extra code I have note all you need to do is enter this to the dashboard and you will get the beta:  
     CQ23J-3MH2G-93BHC-T24J3-GY2BY    

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I actually like them all, I feel they're all balanced and fun. 

nywt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By nywt

My favorite strangely is the shield. Couple that with the mod that converts shunts, bolts, and barges into usable power-ups and you've got yourself a winner.

RedBullRacer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By RedBullRacer

I think I like them all too, only 1 of them I don't know what it does, it's an orange one and when I use it it just seems to put out an orange shockwave around me but I dunno what it does. My favourite is the red one, the missile, just love the way it floats down the road towards your target...but then, I love the way it makes you feel when you see one floating down the road towards you in ya mirrors lol Such good weapons, lots of skill involved as to when and where to use them!

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By trace

I dig the bolts. Nothing's more fun than taking all the speed off an opponent for a quick pass.

About the only weapon I haven't found a use for is the reverse-fired nitro, or airbrake (quite literally, since I've never used it). I've rarely seen a reason to slow down drastically at any point -- I'd much rather plow through a mine or weapon if I can't dodge it and use the nitro to recover speed. Maybe if the reverse fire was an extremely close range rear blast, like a "counter-draft" that slowed anyone directly behind you drastically, I'd find more use in it.

nywt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By nywt
    @RedBullRacer: I believe the orange one is the mine. Next time you use it take a look in your rear view.
    RedBullRacer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By RedBullRacer
    @nywt: Ah HA! Thanks for that man, I will start placing that near all the good weapons then, like I noticed people kept doing. I thought that was people pressing Y to drop items and the game turned them into bombs lol dohh, thanks!
    veiledmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By veiledmuffin

My favorite is definitely the Barge.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By beargirl1

the nitro and bolts. love them 

Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Chokobo
    @Dr_Who said:
    CQ23J-3MH2G-93BHC-T24J3-GY2BY     "

Got this. :)
    vager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#11  Edited By vager

Still have no idea what the lightning bolt power does.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By trace
    @Vager said:
    " Still have no idea what the lightning bolt power does. "
    It drops three lightning cylinders of blue "shock" on the ground in front of the leader, and will damage and slow down anyone who runs through them. They disappear pretty quickly after the leader drives by them, so it's mainly a means of trying to slow the lead car/pack down by making them swerve to avoid the lightning (although they can use a shield to drive right through it).
    Avatar image for outofbounds9000
    OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

I call them extra guys

I like all extra guys :D

Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Chokobo
    @PsEG: The airbrake actually doesn't just slow you down.  It slows you down then boosts you.  Also, your steering is enhanced in the slow down state so you don't have to brake at all when coming up to a hairpin turn.

Anyhoo, my favorite is probably the bolt or mine.  I like that the mine, when shot forward is almost guaranteed to hit as ong as someone is directly in front of you.  Also fucking with people by firing bolts backwards is immensely entertaining.
    VinLieger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By VinLieger

Barge is deffinitely my favorite, always try to have at least 1 in my pocket and only feel safe if ive got 2, then leave the last spot free for everything else which i use immediately

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.