Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel!

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 14, 2014

The third Borderlands game, set between the events of Borderlands and Borderlands 2, follows a quartet of familiar faces as they work to bring Handsome Jack into power through misadventures on Elpis, the moon of Pandora.

Your character

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#1  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I've been tinkering with the skill trees tonight, trying to figure out if I want to play as Nisha or Wilhelm. I'm leaning towards Wilhelm, because hey, turrets, but who are you going with? What paths are you eyeballing for your character?

Kinda thinking I'm going to focus on Wilhelm's leftmost skill tree, with a bit of healing thrown in. Odds are, I'll do a respec at the end game to toy with the cybernetic stuff, but the flying buddies seem more appealing to me.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By splodge

Hard to resist the drones! I will prob go with Wilhelm also, but I love the sound of nisha's skills. Ricocheting bullets that bounce from enemy to enemy, then you can blow em all up at once? Baller.

PeezMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

I channel dat @rorie and like to go tanky, but Borderlands 2 taught me to save support-minded characters for co-op, so I'll probably stash Athena for later and go Nisha for solo. Slangin'!

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll just go with the soldier archetype like I always do.

HaniBall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I resent no Siren! Why no playable Angel?

If I play it I am leaning Nisha for the whip! But I am actually not 100% convinced I need to play it yet. The reviews are all pretty meh. And I like that I can take my BL2 toons with me on my Vita...

@peezmachine you mean that 1 point I put in Res for Maya? Yea, that seems a bit steep :)

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm going with Athena because I can pretend the shield is the Glaive from Krull. And because there's no Siren so I'll run around making things bleed instead.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I just watched the launch trailer for this game.

Can we all agree claptrap is the jar jar binks of video games?

I guess i wouldn't expect them to do anything else but go all in with it, but man...that character is so awful.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

When I inevitably purchase this game for around $20 in 6 months, I'll play as anyone who isn't Claptrap. Maybe Athena.

Avatar image for sarcasticmudcrab
    SarcasticMudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SarcasticMudcrab

I'll prob end up doing what I always do and play every class for the 1st few hours of the game then get too bored to finish it.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just pre-loaded the PC version ($45 for more Borderlands. Seemed like a safe preorder). I should probably look some of this stuff up. I don't even know who the characters are besides Claptrap. I'll probably play not Claptrap.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By hermes

@rowr: At the time of Episode 1, a lot of kids loved Jar Jar Binks... I guess that makes it better than Claptrap.

OT: I will play as Wilhelm, because I grew used to playing as the characters that spawn automatic defenses to compensate for my skills (my main in Borderlands 1 was Roland and Axton in 2)

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When you choose Claptrap, the game asks are you really sure you want to do it.

I was.

So fucking sure.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kingspeedy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kingspeedy

While I feel like at some point I have to play as Claptrap, I'll probably start with Nisha. Athena doesn't really appeal to me that much, and Wilhelm feels more Roland/Axton than Gaige. Really looking forward to the first DLC character, handsome jack.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Fredchuckdave

There's no Siren, what do I do? I don't have a love of turrets like most (unless it was a Necromancer level of turrets in Diablo 2). Whenever this comes on PS+ for free I'll have an interesting decision to make, presumably future Sheriff chick will win, because Westerns.

Loading Video...

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingspeedy: If the first DLC character was Handsome BoJack, I'd buy ten copies.

kingspeedy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for larslars_pantsonfars
    LarsLars_PantsOnFars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always start with the sirens and Athena is the closest with respect to her skill trees. If I understand the Aspis' functionality correctly then you can be rather devious with her action skill. Approach enemies to be right near them, activate her shield, and then use non-discriminating AoE attacks such as rockets and grenades to damage enemies as well as provide damage absoprtion for the Aspis. Finally launch the shield at an enemy for damage twofold. Better yet if use this tactic with singularity grenades or her Epicenter skill. I figure it offers great synergy with her elemental tree branch skills such as Hades Shackles (should it proc after Epicenter activates and enemies become clustered), Superconductor, and Overload.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I dislike her action skill being "auto-win" I'm probably gonna play Nisha first. Claptrap is too "waaah, random" for me, Athena's skill tree is just terrible and her skill is uninteresting and while Wilhelm has some cool things going for him his skill tree is also filled with a bunch of very unimpressive skills.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#20 riostarwind  Moderator

Dual wielding pistols sounds pretty fun to me so I think I would go down Nisha's middle skill tree first. If I was going to play with others I would most likely go with Claptraps right tree since it seems like a good support character archetype.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

My guess is one of the DLC characters they add to the Definitive Edition for the PS4/Xbone release next year.

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By PimblyCharles

I'm currently playing as Nisha for my first play through. Going the route of Riflewoman, because of concentration on gun skills and getting The Unforgiven.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

When I eventually play this i.e. 2016, probably the evil cowboy lady. I want to see what her deal is.

Although I do like me some turrets

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.