Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bulletstorm

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Stylish, ludicrous kills net big points in this ridiculously over-the-top first-person shooter.

New game+ mode?

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By sins_of_mosin

I'm having fun on normal but if all my upgrades and such can carry over to a new game, I would try hard or hardest.  Does anyone know if the game supports that or does it make you start fresh each time?    
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Yanngc33

@sins_of_mosin: I think you have to start fresh according to the gametrailers review. It shouldn't be that big of a deal since all you really need is the assault rifle (especially for hardest)

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By spazmaster666
    @sins_of_mosin said:
    " I'm having fun on normal but if all my upgrades and such can carry over to a new game, I would try hard or hardest.  Does anyone know if the game supports that or does it make you start fresh each time?     "
    If you could carry over all your upgrades/points that would make the game way too easy, even on Very Hard.
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Yanngc33
    @spazmaster666: and i've heard that very hard isn't very hard at all so it's safe to confirm that there is no new game +
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By napalm

There is no new game plus, just go to Act 1, Chapter 1 and set the difficulty to whatever you want. I haven't actually done this, so I don't know if you just have/carry all of the weapons you had when you finished the game, or if you have the same loadout from that chapter. I know the tutorial doesn't allow you to have more than the Carbine, I think.

Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Edwardryu

you can still play echo mode. it's not like dead space game or mass effect. just pure blast shooting game.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Napalm said:
    " There is no new game plus, just go to Act 1, Chapter 1 and set the difficulty to whatever you want. I haven't actually done this, so I don't know if you just have/carry all of the weapons you had when you finished the game, or if you have the same loadout from that chapter. I know the tutorial doesn't allow you to have more than the Carbine, I think. "
    There is no carry over of anything at all.  

I finished it and started up a new game. You have to re earn all your skill shots. Upgrades points. 
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By napalm
    @The_Laughing_Man: That actually sours the replayability of the campaign a bit, considering a charge shot or two never unlocked, or if it did, it happened right at the end when I wasn't using that weapon anyway.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Napalm said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man: That actually sours the replayability of the campaign a bit, considering a charge shot or two never unlocked, or if it did, it happened right at the end when I wasn't using that weapon anyway. "
    The last few charge shots however are very easy to get. The ones I did not get are the ones for like the shotgunnin a guy into the wall and he dies. 
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By napalm
    @The_Laughing_Man: I'm talking about charge shots, not skillshots.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Napalm said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man: I'm talking about charge shots, not skillshots. "
    There is achiment for getting all skillshots. And yes the last charge shots are easy because of how many points you build up near the end of the game. 
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By napalm
    @The_Laughing_Man: I don't think you are understanding what I am saying. Nevermind.
    sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By sins_of_mosin

I assume that after you beat the game on normal, you can't go back to each Act and set the difficulty to very hard and get credit for it even if you do all the Acts like that.     

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.