Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Nov 05, 2007

The fourth main Call of Duty game ditches the World War II setting of the past games to tell a story set in contemporary times, and backs it up with a breakthrough multiplayer mode.

Why does it take two shots in the head to kill a guy?

Albanian_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Albanian_Killa

Honestly, I've been wondering this for a while. I've seen so many people AFK, walked up to them (the room had no lag by the way), and shot them once in the head with an M4A1 and they didn't die. WHY!? I mean, isn't this a modern military shooter? If it is, why can't you kill someone in the head by shooting once? What's the point? I have to shoot a person twice in the head to kill them? It doesn't make any sense. No helmet will stop a bullet coming straight at you. Even if you shoot in the face, it still takes two shots in the head. It has just killed the game for me for some reason. I wish I could play hardcore but it's too easy to get kills on there. One shot to the leg and the guy dies. Call of Duty 4 may seem fun, but it doesn't stack up well as a modern military shooter which is trying to have a little realism, something that Call of Duty 4 is trying to do.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Maybe his helmet deflected the first shot? I dunno.

efrucht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By efrucht

I never noticed this....

Albanian_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Albanian_Killa
    MattyFTM said:
    "Maybe his helmet deflected the first shot? I dunno.
    "
    Nah because you can also go in front of him and shoot him in the face. Helmets can't stop an assault rifle firing centimeters away.
    Albanian_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Albanian_Killa
    efrucht said:
    "I never noticed this....
    "
    I don't know if it happens all the time, but it does happen a considerable amount of times for me to notice it.
    SimpsonFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By SimpsonFan

the answer, HE HAD JUGGERNAUT ON.

Albanian_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Albanian_Killa
    SimpsonFan said:
    "the answer, HE HAD JUGGERNAUT ON.
    "
    Which is just pathetic. Infinity Ward could've made Juggernaut only protect your body and legs, but wtf, head, that's just totally unrealistic. Another reason to hate perks. Thanks though, I was wondering wtf was going on.
    SimpsonFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SimpsonFan

ya i really hate when you shoot a guy in the head with a sniper rifle and he doesnt die because of Juggernaut and he movie out of the way.

JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By JamesF

Juggernaut.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TwoOneFive

juggernaut is a seriously flawed perk. it should only protect the body and upper legs, thats it. and it should be visible that theyre using it like a vest on so you know to shoot his face. but then they would need to better balance stopping power as well. they would need to make it so that only certain guns can use it (like smg's) and that it doesnt make a big difference anywhere except through body armor. deep impact is stupid also, guns capable of it should just do it. it is sooo dumb when i have an m16 trying to shoot a guy through some dry wall and cant hit him, but if a guy is using deep impact with the same gun, he can shoot me through metal (like in wetwork)

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Rowr

This game isnt supposed to be DEAD realistic.

vvAr_ToRN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12  Edited By vvAr_ToRN

it's either a problem with the programming (which is alot harder to fix than people think), or more likely it's to give people who get snuck up on a chance to duck, it's probably to make it fair and Juggernaught does not stop headshots I've tested this, when you shoot someone twice in the head with a normal gun you get a head shot no matter what (back, front, side, whatever if you don't get a headshot with two to the dome, you hit them in the throat or shoulder), now witrh snipers or shottys it's one shot to the head and that guy's dead (like I said I've tested this in private and real matches that's the way it works)

vvAr_ToRN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By vvAr_ToRN
    TwoOneFive said:
    "juggernaut is a seriously flawed perk. it should only protect the body and upper legs, thats it. and it should be visible that theyre using it like a vest on so you know to shoot his face. but then they would need to better balance stopping power as well. they would need to make it so that only certain guns can use it (like smg's) and that it doesnt make a big difference anywhere except through body armor. deep impact is stupid also, guns capable of it should just do it. it is sooo dumb when i have an m16 trying to shoot a guy through some dry wall and cant hit him, but if a guy is using deep impact with the same gun, he can shoot me through metal (like in wetwork)"
    You do realize that real bullets can be made to do certain things, anti personal rounds are usually hollow points that splinter and send shrapnel into the wound, then there's anti Armor rounds that are made to go through tanks so a shipment crate would in real life be like a stick of butter to an anti armor round (that's what deep impact really is) my point is that for almost any gun including M16s and MP5s you can manufacture bullets engineered to do certain things like go straight through a metal wall and into your skull.
    YDGI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By YDGI

Because he has bible in his head. 

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TwoOneFive
    vvAr_ToRN said:
    "TwoOneFive said:
    "juggernaut is a seriously flawed perk. it should only protect the body and upper legs, thats it. and it should be visible that theyre using it like a vest on so you know to shoot his face. but then they would need to better balance stopping power as well. they would need to make it so that only certain guns can use it (like smg's) and that it doesnt make a big difference anywhere except through body armor. deep impact is stupid also, guns capable of it should just do it. it is sooo dumb when i have an m16 trying to shoot a guy through some dry wall and cant hit him, but if a guy is using deep impact with the same gun, he can shoot me through metal (like in wetwork)"
    You do realize that real bullets can be made to do certain things, anti personal rounds are usually hollow points that splinter and send shrapnel into the wound, then there's anti Armor rounds that are made to go through tanks so a shipment crate would in real life be like a stick of butter to an anti armor round (that's what deep impact really is) my point is that for almost any gun including M16s and MP5s you can manufacture bullets engineered to do certain things like go straight through a metal wall and into your skull.
    "
    yes im well aware of that. my dad is a cop and he uses hollow points in his gun. and i also know that the new mp7 will use rifle-like armor piercing rounds. but thats what they should call the perk. obviously the only reason i brought up stopping power is because it cancels out juggernaut. so if they're going to get rid of juggernaut we're going to have very unbalanced gameplay with every just using stopping power instead of a different good perk at all. 
    Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rowr

umm just pick juggernaut like everyone else and quit the bitching.

I like to win the game. I use juggernaut. I watch the radar, spam the grenades, use close range weapons and matyrdom when neccesary, use the rpd and deep impact and spam walls when necessary. Use the P90 with the faster shooting perk (whatever its called).

Its about using everything to your advantage and adapting to the enemy/location. People can bitch all they want but im playing the game smart and enjoying it. I dont whine when people use the perks to there advantage against me. I expect it.

This game isnt supposed to be a direct simulation, so just enjoy the game for what it is, a game.

dj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dj

To solve this just put stopping power on. 

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TwoOneFive
    Rowr said:
    "umm just pick juggernaut like everyone else and quit the bitching.

I like to win the game. I use juggernaut. I watch the radar, spam the grenades, use close range weapons and matyrdom when neccesary, use the rpd and deep impact and spam walls when necessary. Use the P90 with the faster shooting perk (whatever its called).

Its about using everything to your advantage and adapting to the enemy/location. People can bitch all they want but im playing the game smart and enjoying it. I dont whine when people use the perks to there advantage against me. I expect it.

This game isnt supposed to be a direct simulation, so just enjoy the game for what it is, a game.
    "
    nobody said it was a direct simulation, its highly unrealistic, but many out there like to play the game seriously and respectably and none you cheap totally no-skill-needed-tactics. none of that takes any skills and the fact that you attempt to explain how all that is a good idea and its legit is pathetic. spraying bullets like an idiot and spamming and using juggernaut is a pathetic and totally lame way of playing cod4. nobody respects that and nobody wants to play with you. if you cant play legit (using realistic tactics, doing your best to make sure that every round round you fire actually hits and kills somebody (to better your accuracy) while doing your best avoid detection or being shot at, and making sure every grenade is used strategically to either get a sure kill or to distract the enemy etc) then don't play at all. 

i bet you a thousand dollars that if you walk into a match with those shitty tactics against highly skille respectable players, you'll get your ass kicked. players who know their shit in this game won't fall for that kind of shit, and they'll eventually get fed up and pwn your with the same shitty tactics just to embarrass. o
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pause422

Its not Juggernaut actually,just test it out. In a normal game,the only weapons that will kill in one headshot,is the M14 assault rifle,shotguns,and sniper's. If its hardcore though,everyone dies super fast.

Avatar image for deactivated-60a8233baa5c9
    deactivated-60a8233baa5c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Albanian_Killa said:
    "Honestly, I've been wondering this for a while. I've seen so many people AFK, walked up to them (the room had no lag by the way), and shot them once in the head with an M4A1 and they didn't die. WHY!? I mean, isn't this a modern military shooter? If it is, why can't you kill someone in the head by shooting once? What's the point? I have to shoot a person twice in the head to kill them? It doesn't make any sense. No helmet will stop a bullet coming straight at you. Even if you shoot in the face, it still takes two shots in the head. It has just killed the game for me for some reason. I wish I could play hardcore but it's too easy to get kills on there. One shot to the leg and the guy dies. Call of Duty 4 may seem fun, but it doesn't stack up well as a modern military shooter which is trying to have a little realism, something that Call of Duty 4 is trying to do.
    "
    Because Humanity is Hard Headed...LOL just kidding

It might have to do with the fact that there is aim assist and or needed for balancing.

Not really sure y a single shot to the leg kills automatically though....maybe its a sign! 0_0

If your looking for realism though you should check out the Insurgency Mod for Half LIfe 2 on PC its definitely realistic and quiet stressful might i add (*/\/\*)
    Psytek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Psytek

Have you heard of hardcore mode?

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22  Edited By xruntime

Yes, as mentioned, play Hardcore if you want a realistic experience. If you want a fun experience, play normal

Albanian_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Albanian_Killa
    Psytek said:
    "Have you heard of hardcore mode?
    "
    Oh yes, I have. The famous hardcore mode. Shoot a guy once or twice in the foot and he dies. Realism at its finest. Hardcore is too sensitive, Normal is too insensitive. Maybe the perk-less modes will be good.
    Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Quadrifoglio

I love Team Hardcore. The Last Stand perk is way more effective there.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Rowr
    TwoOneFive said:
    "Rowr said:
    "umm just pick juggernaut like everyone else and quit the bitching.

"
    nobody said it was a direct simulation, its highly unrealistic, but many out there like to play the game seriously and respectably and none you cheap totally no-skill-needed-tactics. none of that takes any skills and the fact that you attempt to explain how all that is a good idea and its legit is pathetic. spraying bullets like an idiot and spamming and using juggernaut is a pathetic and totally lame way of playing cod4. nobody respects that and nobody wants to play with you. if you cant play legit (using realistic tactics, doing your best to make sure that every round round you fire actually hits and kills somebody (to better your accuracy) while doing your best avoid detection or being shot at, and making sure every grenade is used strategically to either get a sure kill or to distract the enemy etc) then don't play at all. 
    i bet you a thousand dollars that if you walk into a match with those shitty tactics against highly skille respectable players, you'll get your ass kicked. players who know their shit in this game won't fall for that kind of shit, and they'll eventually get fed up and pwn your with the same shitty tactics just to embarrass. o
    "
    I do both. And they both work. And i win.

thats basically the point of the game, use every advantage. You wont hear me bitching when i die.

If they want to play the game with there own version of the rules rather than the ones layed out thats fine by me. You cant expect to make up your own rules of how people should play and then expect them to follow. Im not using exploits here. Im not playing the game unlike it was intended.
    Psytek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Psytek
    Albanian_Killa said:
    "Psytek said:
    "Have you heard of hardcore mode?
    "
    Oh yes, I have. The famous hardcore mode. Shoot a guy once or twice in the foot and he dies. Realism at its finest. Hardcore is too sensitive, Normal is too insensitive. Maybe the perk-less modes will be good.
    "

In real life, if I shot you in the foot, you would die from blood loss unless you were taken to a hospital.

There are no hospitals in cod4 ... :)
    xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27  Edited By xruntime

If you are shot twice in the foot you would be inable to walk and therefore vulnerable. It's just a matter of time before you are actually killed.

......Since nobody wants to just stand there waiting to be killed, there's no point in having it in the game...

calf_exercises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28  Edited By calf_exercises

Yeah, I have noticed this and never quite undcerstood the reasoning behind it. I think its just to make the game a little more challenging but that said it removed a lot realism. I dont think it detracts from the game too much but it is still a little anoyance.

vaultboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By vaultboy

I don't remember if COD1 was like this, but it's been part of the game since COD2.  It kind of ruined COD2 for me until I found modded servers where headshots with rifles always kill.

Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By Major
    Albanian_Killa said:
    "SimpsonFan said:
    "
    Which is just pathetic. Infinity Ward could've made Juggernaut only protect your body and legs, but wtf, head, that's just totally unrealistic. Another reason to hate perks. Thanks though, I was wondering wtf was going on.
    "
    Believe it or not.. CoD is a video game... It isn't trying to simulate the real world 100%.. If video games did, then they would just be frustrating and plain boring.
    duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By duxup

I've seen it happen without Juggernaut.  I don't know what it is.  I'll get one shot kills with head shots from a distance but walk up on a sniper and aim at the dudes head and... it sometimes takes a couple shots.

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ket87

Juggernaut plain and simple I noticed this a long time ago. And its but one of a million reasons Juggernaut should never have been put into this game.

Avatar image for blacksuitandtie9
    BlackSuitAndTie9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BlackSuitAndTie9

He was the Juggernaut, bitch!

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#34  Edited By lordofultima

COD4 is a real-world setting, but it's by no means a "realistic shooter." Anyone who's played the original Rainbow Six games would know this.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BigBoss1911
    Major said:
    "Albanian_Killa said:
    "SimpsonFan said:
    "
    "
    Believe it or not.. CoD is a video game... It isn't trying to simulate the real world 100%.. If video games did, then they would just be frustrating and plain boring."

Ya but 1 shot kills for head shots isnt frustrating.
    mandeponium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#36  Edited By mandeponium

No, in COD2, even a pistol would kill with one shot to the head.

Avatar image for green_incarnate
    Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#37  Edited By Green_Incarnate

This is not lag or a glitch. Seriously, it takes two shots to kill someone. Just something that pisses me off about COD4.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.