Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Nov 05, 2007

The fourth main Call of Duty game ditches the World War II setting of the past games to tell a story set in contemporary times, and backs it up with a breakthrough multiplayer mode.

Why so many noobs in COD4?

• 59 results
    Arestice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Arestice

I'm annoyed when people complain about camping when it's mother f*ing S&D.
    WTF do you expect if the defending team is defending.

Anyhow - even if it's TDM the point is to get the kills , if people are better at ambushing others than that's their asset. Maybe they just suck running around like everyone else. I never complained about camping, but I see alot of people do. If it wasn't supposed to be in the game they'd have you loose a chunk of health for sitting in one spot for too long.

Kevin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Kevin

I think I've said this before, but on the PC people seem to camp more since the players have better aim with the mouse. But I found on 360 that since everyone is using a controller, people more often run around rather than camp.

JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By JamesF

It's annoying but you have to deal with it to play it.

filiwian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#54  Edited By filiwian
    p4ddym1607 said:
    "What are you talking about. If people are camping deal with them by killing them. I have never played in a map where i couldnt seem to kill a camper.

And i dont believe you are talking about campers rather than people who are actually playing tactically. Do you want people to run out in plain sight the whole time.

In TDM you and your team shouldnt just be running around looking for kills. You should be slowly moving about. Guarding entrances. Using the radar tactically. And most of all stop complainging about others. And calling a grenade launcher a noob tube is retarded. I see people getting 4 kills with it on ambush just firing it from the start. It is a very useful weapon if you know where to fire it. So stop being a dick about it
    "

Well, there's a reason why it's callled the noob tube because it's such an easy kill ; basically press the fire button and they're already dead. What's their to guard in TD, what your saying is pretty pointless and your argument doesn't make any sense at all.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5884be30433ec
    deactivated-5884be30433ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

filiwian said:
    "p4ddym1607 said:
    "What are you talking about. If people are camping deal with them by killing them. I have never played in a map where i couldnt seem to kill a camper.

And i dont believe you are talking about campers rather than people who are actually playing tactically. Do you want people to run out in plain sight the whole time.

In TDM you and your team shouldnt just be running around looking for kills. You should be slowly moving about. Guarding entrances. Using the radar tactically. And most of all stop complainging about others. And calling a grenade launcher a noob tube is retarded. I see people getting 4 kills with it on ambush just firing it from the start. It is a very useful weapon if you know where to fire it. So stop being a dick about it
    "

Well, there's a reason why it's callled the noob tube because it's such an easy kill ; basically press the fire button and they're already dead. What's their to guard in TD, what your saying is pretty pointless and your argument doesn't make any sense at all."
    You guard the areas the enemy can attack you from retard. When playing Bog it is very important to hold a tactical position. You dont want enemies coming round the back of you. When you are guarding entrances you get more kills. Like in Showdown for example. Guard the places they can get you from and you should hold them off for a while whilst getting plenty of kills cos you have such a tactical and positional advantage. Although that doesnt usually last forever.
    Falkien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#56  Edited By Falkien

that is the balance of videogames... the good and the bad....

filiwian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#57  Edited By filiwian
    p4ddym1607 said:
    "filiwian said:
    "p4ddym1607 said:

"

Well, there's a reason why it's callled the noob tube because it's such an easy kill ; basically press the fire button and they're already dead. What's their to guard in TD, what your saying is pretty pointless and your argument doesn't make any sense at all."
    You guard the areas the enemy can attack you from retard. When playing Bog it is very important to hold a tactical position. You dont want enemies coming round the back of you. When you are guarding entrances you get more kills. Like in Showdown for example. Guard the places they can get you from and you should hold them off for a while whilst getting plenty of kills cos you have such a tactical and positional advantage. Although that doesnt usually last forever.
    "

In other words, camping. I want to make things clear first do you have a 360 or ps3? Because if you have a diferent system from what I have then it's pointless for both of us to refute on and waste our time. The experience would be different based on which system we have.
    Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
    Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a modern warfare FPS, so you are expected to take cover, maybe for long periods of time during a match in order to survive and eventually win. Look at the footage of coalition forces in the media they're not running around shooting from the middle of the street. i would go as far as say the level design forces players to fight conservatively and brings in a more accurate simulation of a gun fight in this world. it's not "time splitters" or "halo" anymore.

Campers take the cover tactic to an extreme. Most players i've seen stay in position and move after a kill since they will be spotted.
    zmf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By zmf

Camping has existed since the dawn of video games and will for ever live on, I don't engage in camping or endorse it I just know as long as there are games... There are campers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.