Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

The seventh installment of the long-running action franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops puts players into the early era of the Cold War (including the Vietnam War) as a member of the United States black operations unit known as the SOG.

Call of Duty: Black Ops Is Out This November

• 160 results
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Branthog

They're really trying to drown this series, aren't they? I didn't buy or play World at War and I probably won't bother with this one. Not only because it's Treyarch (sorry), but because I don't need a new COD/MW game every twelve months. Just make a very solid game every few years and throw in some great content in between. Remember when games like Counter-Strike were fine on year two, three, four and five? You didn't need a new version of it every year and that was just plucky.

If they were really bringing something new to the table each time, then that would be a consideration. These are almost entirely always iterations on the theme, though. Nothing significant. Nothing amazing. 

This series is fatigued.

Avatar image for dancinginfernal
    dancinginfernal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152  Edited By dancinginfernal
    @odintal said:
    "Wouldn't it be great if it took a new direction?  Like a Squad based shooter? Republic Commando meets CoD?   I'm getting a slight tingle in my pants just thinking about it. That could be that thing i'm taking penicillan for though. "

CoD/Republic Commando hybrid would definately be one of the best things ever if done correctly. 

Wookiee Babies!
    Shinri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#153  Edited By Shinri
    @Branthog said:
    "They're really trying to drown this series, aren't they? I didn't buy or play World at War and I probably won't bother with this one. Not only because it's Treyarch (sorry), but because I don't need a new COD/MW game every twelve months. Just make a very solid game every few years and throw in some great content in between. Remember when games like Counter-Strike were fine on year two, three, four and five? You didn't need a new version of it every year and that was just plucky.    If they were really bringing something new to the table each time, then that would be a consideration. These are almost entirely always iterations on the theme, though. Nothing significant. Nothing amazing.    This series is fatigued. "

Damn right.
    delicious_lie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#154  Edited By delicious_lie
    @Branthog: i'm not disagreeing with you at all, but these games sell so well and activision has so little integrity that they would be insane not to keep shitting these out. 99% of people who play these games don't even know the different games are made by different development studios, and for a huge chunk of them CoD is probably the only game they buy/play  every year
    delicious_lie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By delicious_lie

oh also the zombie mode will be like in Jacob's Ladder, and you will fight your hallucinations as caused by the government's drug experiments on you that turn out to be your family/friends/allies/etc.

Darksaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#156  Edited By Darksaw
    @Jonny7892:  Seriously. If you think that it had a truly bad story then you can't have played that many games. Sure it was short, probably the shortest CoD game, but Spec Ops made up for that. I'm not saying that I think it would hurt to have more content, but I was satisfied with it.
    BrainDamage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#157  Edited By BrainDamage101

Well have to see, I'd be pretty stoked for a new Nazi Zombie type game again, and maybe Black Ops will do something innovative (We can hope right?) since Activision fired the heads of Infinity Ward.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#158  Edited By Deusx

More like Vietcombies... right Zach?... lulz

s7evn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#159  Edited By s7evn

Ugh, they need to stop this franchise before it kills itself like guitar hero did. All  the trailer did was show off nothing except explosions to bring in the MW2 crowd, I hope this game is a little more interesting than that.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#160  Edited By Linkyshinks

gamefan4567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By gamefan4567

Check it out! I found a link to the awesome music in this trailer! It's by artist Cliff Lin and its called "And Your World Will Burn." You can download it at this link:

http://bit.ly/cbRBNs

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.